Working with the Custom Language Tool
Custom Language Tool
SAP Business One is available in 26 languages and SAP continues to increase this number over time. However, SAP Business One also aims to build partner enablement by supporting partners to translate the user interface (UI) into other languages according to their needs.
The Custom Language Tool (CLT) enables partners to:
- Define an additional UI language
- Generate a UI string source file to be translated into the new target language
- Upload the UI string files in the new language to SAP Business One
- Make the new language available to SAP Business One users
Currently, the tool supports two major use-cases:
- First translation – definition of the new UI language and mass translation of the UI strings.
- Consecutive translation – after upgrading to a new patch, minor release, or major release, the tool traces the newly added/changed UI strings, which are then translated and uploaded to SAP Business One.
The tool developed increases the efficiency of language translation objects as it helps in avoiding human errors. This tool also does the translation for Reports, Function groups, Includes in seconds. This tool not only saves time for translation but also helps in reviewing the translation done with an additional Excel tool.
The tool does not perform automatic translation. Translations into the new language must be provided by the SAP Business One partner.
Using the New Translation
When you launch the application, the SAP Business One client automatically detects if a custom language LRF has been uploaded to the SBO-COMMON. To use the new translation, choose Administration → System Initialization → General Settings → Display tab). In the Language field dropdown list, the new language is displayed in red text with the name that was specified during custom language file creation.
Only strings with available custom translations are displayed in the custom language. Untranslated strings are displayed in the base language specified during custom language file creation.
If the selected custom language file is corrupted or not available a warning message is displayed when SAP Business One is started, and the application uses the base language.
More information’s, please check in Patch Level SAP Business One 9.0 PL5 → Packages → Custom Language Tool → CLT with template in XLSX and manual in PDF.
- CTL template.xlsx
- User Guide – Custom Language Tool.pdf
Marcelo Silva Santos