iPhone 5 – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the splash screen size for iPhone 5?
Adding a new splash file to your project: Defaultemail@example.com . This is a 640 x 1136 pixel image that will be displayed when your app starts loading on iPhone 5 devices.
File Name: Defaultfirstname.lastname@example.org Size: 640 x 1136.
2. How I will check my existing App in iPhone 5 simulators?
Make sure you download Xcode 4.5 to access the new iOS Simulator. Then execute your project in this latest Xcode by default it will load in iPhone 5 simulators. If not, select iOS simulator then select Hardware->Device->iPhone (Retina 4-inch) from main menu.
3. How to increase my existing view height to support iPhone 5?
Launch the existing project in new Xcode4.5. Select *.xib file then select View. Make sure Utilities are visible in right side, then select Attributes Inspector->Simulated Metrics->Size->None(By default) change to Retina 4 Full Screen
4. What is the view size of iPhone 5?
View size for iPhone 5 in Portrait Mode is 320×568 and landscape Mode is 568×320 including status bar size.
- 5. List the Simulators comes along with Xcode4.5 iOS6 SDK?
Make sure you download Xcode 4.5 to access the new iOS Simulator. Launch iOS simulator then select Hardware->Device from main menu(Refer below Table).
|iPhone (Retine 4-inch)||iPhone 5|
|iPhone (Retine 3.5-inch)||iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S|
|iPad (Retina)||The New iPad|
6. My existing iPhone application will load in iPhone 5?
Yes. Existing applications will load in the middle of the iPhone 5 screen with black color bars on the top and bottom.