A custom Pie Chart add-on for BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.0 SP3 or higher
Here is another interesting add-on for BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.0 – a custom pie chart. In my working experience, many times, I did face the requirement of a doughnut chart and exploding a pie wedge while drill-down. So, I have created an add-on for the same in flex with dashboards sdk which I am sharing here.
In this tab, there are options to
- bind the labels and values of the pie chart to excel range.
- insert selected label and value to excel.
In this tab, there are options for:
- Dynamic visibility: Setup dynamic visibility of the component.
- Negative value handling: Show negative values as absolute in pie chart or do not show the record at all.
- Top N and Others: It is possible to show top N records and group other records as ‘Others’ in the chart.
If show negative values as absolute is selected, negative data is displayed as positive in chart, though, data is inserted as negative while drill-down.
In this tab, there are options to:
- vary inner radius to create a doughnut chart.
- bind colors of the pie wedges to an excel cell range.
- show or hide border.
- select border color.
- select background color.
- select position and font of the legend.
How does it look like in canvas
Showing top 3 and Others
Custom background and border color
The full flex project along with the add-on(xlx) file is available here for download.
For more interesting add-ons, visit the wiki page SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.0 Add-On Gallery.
Happy dashboarding 🙂