This document deals with the setting up of “Bill of Material” products in SAP CRM system in integration with the SAP ECC system. The objective of this document is to give a frame work of configuration setting that we may have to be related to the same in SAP CRM.
This is an attempt to give a broad over view of the settings and may be used as a ready document. You may need to do additional settings depending on the client specific requirement if any.
The scenario covered in this document includes:
- Creation of BOM materials in the SAP ECC system and the related settings
- Download of BOM materials in SAP CRM
- Display of BOM materials in SAP CRM and related settings
- Usage of BOM materials in SAP CRM
- Sales scenario in SAP CRM ISA channel
- Sales scenario in SAP CRM GUI
- Material used are not having variant configurations in ECC
- Single level BOM is being used (Multi-level bills of material are not permitted)
Structured products (Bill of Material) consist of a header product and component products. They are used to represent a group of products as a distinct unit in certain logistics processes.
- Main Item- Item that has sub-items in a business transaction and occupies the highest position in the item hierarchy.
- Subitem – Sub-item is an item in a sales document that refers to a main item or a higher-level item.
Steps in SAP ECC
1. Material Master Data is created in SAP ECC using “mm01” transaction code
- Say header Material 12007492 is created in ECC
- Say a lower level item 12007491 is created in SAP ECC
- Currently they are not connected
2. For BOM setting, a relationship needs to be maintained (between the header item and the sub-item) in SAP ECC using CS01 transaction code. (CS02 – Change / CS03 – Display)
- Say header material 12007492 is linked to sub item 12007991
- The relationship needs to be maintained for a particular plant in ECC
- BOM usage selected is 5 (sales and distribution)
Transaction Code – CS01
The screenshot displayed that header material 12007492 is related to the sub-item 12007491. Only sub-item has been assigned in this example. More than one sub-items can also be assigned.
3. Item category setting in SAP ECC
a. The setting for Structure Scope for HEADER item category is important. It is depicted in the below screen shot:
i. Concept of delivery group (x – as delivery of header and item should also go together) – It helps to determine a common delivery date for all the items.
ii. Pricing indicator selected as ‘y’ for both TAP and TAQ, if pricing needs to be done separately for both the header item and sub-item
Steps in SAP CRM
1. Download of BOM material in SAP CRM
a. Transaction Code to be used – R3AC1
b. Adaptor object to be used – BOM
c. Relevant filter settings need to be provided
2. Settings for the display of BOM material relationships in SAP CRM (Relationship Type for PRODUCT Category)
a. This setting is required to view the SUB-ITEM in the COMPONENT tab of the header material. RELATIONSHIP TYPE – STRSETS is assigned to the PRODUCT CATEGORY.
Transaction Code: comm_hierarchy
3. Display of BOM relationships in BOM header material
- Once the above setting is been done, the sub-item can be seen in SAP CRM in the component tab as shown below:
4. Item category related BOM settings in SAP CRM
- Say the item category of the header BOM material should be determined as TAQ
- Say the item category of the sub-item BOM material should be determined as TAP
- In the header item category (TAQ) structure settings should be done as below:
- Single level BOM explosion of structured product
- Pricing relevance flag is clicked as pricing needs to be done for the header BOM material
d. In the sub-item item category (TAP) structure settings should be done as below:
- No BOM explosion of structured product
- Pricing relevance flag is clicked as pricing needs to be done for the sub-item BOM material
5. Item category determination related settings in SAP CRM
- The item category determination in SAP CRM should match with the item category determination setting in ECC.
- The item cat determination logic for the above scenario is given: (Representative and needs to be done based on the project requirements)
- Say transaction type being used for BOM scenarios is YQOR
- TAP will get determined when the higher item category is TAQ
- With the above settings, the sub-item will be determined automatically in the sales order in CRM GUI.
d. The item category determination settings as shown above help determination of sub item as soon as the header material is entered in the order. The reference of the header material will be shown at the line item level of sub-item
- Item Category – BoM Header – Item Category Group ZNOR
- Item Category – BoM Sub-item – Item Category Group – VERP
6. Usage of BOM material in SAP GUI
Other Comments –
1. This configuration will also help in use of sing level BOM on CRM WEB UI.
This configuration setting is for BOM set up. Any other requirement in terms of BOM explosion in WEB CHANNEL scenario requires additional settings which are not covered in this document.
Note – Dear expert, your feedback on this document will be highly appreciated.