Installing and SAP UI5 toolkit (ver 1.12.1) in Eclipse 4.3 (Kepler)
In this blog I would be sharing the steps I followed to install SAPUI5 plugin on eclipse for Rapid Application Development on my Windows 7 machine
Installing and SAP UI5 toolkit in Eclipse
Environment variables CATALINA_HOME, JAVA_HOME & PATH must be set correctly.
1. Go to System properties.
2. Click environment variables button and add a new variable with the name JAVA_HOME and set it to the path of top level java install directory.
3. Add another new variable with the name CATALINA_HOME and set it to the path of top level Tomcat install directory.
4. In path variable add a new variable value as %JAVA_HOME%\bin;%CATALINA_HOME%\bin;
- Got to Eclipse 4.3 (Kepler) IDE for Java EE developers http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-java-ee-developers/keplerr
- Follow the instructions in the Install Guide – http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse/Installation to completely Install the IDE.
Installing SAPUI5 plugin
Downloading UI Development Kit for HTML 5 from the link below – http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/front-end and extract the content in some folder.
- Start the Eclipse environment.
choose Help -> Install New Software…
Click Add … -> Local ….
Navigate to the local update site location, and choose the “tool-updatesite” folder with the folder where you extracted the HTML5 Development toolkit as update source.
Select all plugins and features for installation.
Select the dialog to “Contact all update sites” during installation to find required software
Click Finish to complete the installation process.
To verify the installation:
- create a new SAPUI5 Application Project via Eclipse menu File -> New -> Other
- create a view with some sample code in the project.
Add the Tomcat server in the Servers view of eclipse as mentioned in the link – http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.wst.server.ui.doc.user%2Ftopics%2Ftwinstprf.html and clicking Run
the project should get deployed in the Tomcat server and a view with sample code should get opened in the Browser.