In this blog I would be sharing the steps I followed to install SAPUI5 on my Windows 7 machine
Installing and Running Apache HTTP Server 2.2.25
- Got to Apache HTTPD Download Page http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi
- Download & Run the Win32 Binary including OpenSSL 0.9.8y (MSI Installer): (httpd-2.2.25-win32-x86-openssl-0.9.8y.msi) by clicking on the link on this page.
- Follow the instructions in the Installer Wizard to complete the Installation (for more details refer: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/install.html)
- Downloading UI Development Kit for HTML 5 from the link below – http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/front-end
- Create a sub folder with name “sapui5” in webserver’s documents folder, i.e htdocs folder of Apache.org‘s HTTPD
- Unzipped all the .zip (sapui5-sdk-static.zip, sapui5-static.zip, sapui5-mobile-static.zip) to the above “sapui5” folder created in the above step.
- Type http://localhost/sapui5 in the Browser
If a page titles SAPUI5 SDK – Demo Kit appears this confirms SAPUI5 is successfully installed on your machine. You can find further information about playing around with SAPUI5 in this application including the Developer Guide & API References.