Campaign determination is one of the striking functionality in SAP CRM Marketing. There are some commonly used functionality in Marketing such as Campaign Automation, Loyalty Management, Trade Promotion Management, Campaign Planning Profile and several others. Campaign determination is unveiled topic in K-Shop and so I choose it.
Campaign determination is the process for determining campaign/trade promotions in sales document e.g. Quotations and Sales order. Campaigns/Trade Promotions are executed for promoting products with special price or discount for limited time frame and for specific group of customers. When the sales order is created for this customer campaign/trade Promotion gets determined automatically with conditions specified in it. Marketing projects get determined at item level while creating or when sales document is changed. Campaign specific price is calculated for the product. Campaign determination is controlled using condition technique. In the SAP Business Information Warehouse effectiveness of campaign can be evaluated by calculating number of sales orders placed against certain campaign.
There are following limitations for this functionality:
- Campaigns/trade promotions cannot be assigned to an order item manually.
- Campaign determination takes place in quotation and sales order only.
- Campaign determination takes place at item level.
- In WEB UI navigation to campaign/trade promotion within a sales document is not permitted.
Before we switch to campaign determination below configuration settings should be available in system to run it successfully.
- Connection with back end ECC system via middleware
- Middleware setting for replication of transaction data, business partner, product and condition master data
- Define transaction type, item category, pricing procedure, partner det. Procedure, organization det. Procedure
- Basic Campaigns configuration such as define campaign type, tactics, objectives
- Segmentation settings for creating target group such as segmentation basis, segmentation usage, attribute set etc.
- Business role and authorization assignments.
3. Configuration Steps
3.1 ECC > Integration with Other mySAP.com Components >Customer Relationship Management > Basic Functions > Campaign Determination > Maintain Access Sequences
3.2 ECC > Integration with Other mySAP.com Components > Customer Relationship Management >
Basic Functions > Campaign Determination > Maintain Condition Types
3.3 ECC > Integration with Other mySAP.com Components > Customer Relationship Management > Basic Functions > Campaign Determination > Maintain Determination Procedure
3.4 ECC > Integration with Other mySAP.com Components >Customer Relationship Management > Basic Functions > Campaign Determination > Activate Campaign Determination
3.5 Assign campaign det. Procedure here to combination of sales org, distribution channel, division, doc pricing procedure and customer pricing procedure.
3.6 Add above defined discount type in pricing procedure defined for document type.
3.7 Download all above condition data in CRM. All these setting can be viewed under CRM> Basic Functions>Campaign Determination
3.8 CRM Master Data Conditions and Condition Technique Condition Technique: Basics Create Maintenance Group
3.9 Create target group as per requirement. For more details please refer published artifacts on segmentation.
3.10 Create a campaign and add TG under Segment assignment block.
3.11 Add product for with campaign is being run. After enterting all other details save the campaign and release it.
3.12 Under discount assignment block, assign discount conditions to product.
3.13 Create quotation for one of customer in TG and make sure you enter same product which is added in campaign.
3.14 Go to Product detail screen. Campaign got determined and campaign disount also calculated.
3.15 Go to price details tab and check price calculation.
3.16 Replicate this sales doc in ECC and check table VBKD for campaign assignment to sales doc.