Through this blog, I want to take a step to make a concrete way for learning and eventually digesting the concept of various SAP modules in which we work on. Herewith I am mentioning the steps which I have taken to build my stiff ongoing career in SAP. I have started my career with an non IT company where I got chance to explore myself to the world of SAP under the guidance of a SAP INDIA consultant from whom I have got the real test of SAP and that has addicted me towards the wave of this ERP system. So, even after completion of his project (after he left ), I linearly concentrate on various new initiatives like EHP upgrade , SP upgrade, kernel upgrade etc. belonging to BASIS part. Yes, I have faced various issues due to lack of my knowledge, but the confidence that the SAP INDIA consultant has build in me has enabled to dig my doubts brutally and sort out all of them to get into the solution. I hope, you guys are not getting bored off 🙂 ..
During my isolated BASIS ADMIN life , I have followed following steps , which are no doubt very helpful and I am sure SAP freshers can also follow the same to learn more & more ………………..
1. Reading SAP help (Bible of SAP) for each and every daily tasks to mold each concept appropriately .
2. Try to troubleshoot any unsolved issue though SCN.
3. Explore yourselves with IDES, Sandbox systems.
4. Do as much as R&D you want in any system (hopefully not in production server 🙂 ) after taking complete back-up of the server.
5. If you are in any group companies then you can benchmark the SAP processes carried out in various companies and take out the best one suitable for your organisation , which enables us to analyse and coagulate the SCENARIO – REQUIREMENT – PRACTICE to be followed.
6. Handle internal audits respective to your module and try to sort out all the highlighted issues based on the suggested solution. It enlighten the complete the A to Z life cycle resists in the project/department/organisation.
Request to our SCN Gurus to suggest some more steps which can carried out to be an successful SAP pro.