With the fast changing consumer behavior patterns, the biggest challenge in front of CPG companies is to meet and exceeds consumer expectation without product stock outs. In order to have high fill ratio and avoid any stock outs companies should have a stable and agile warehouse management system in place.
SAP EWM is the single answer to below common business/ IT problems:
- Don’t want to stop warehouse operations even SAP ECC is down for maintenance
- Have complex supply chain networks
- Have high volume and variety of components
- Want to avoid any performance related issues
SAP Extended Warehouse Management is part of SAP SCM suite and can be deployed on the same instance of SAP APO system. Master data like material master, vendor master or customer master are created in ERP and replicated in EWM system. Inbound and Outbound deliveries are mandatory in case of SAP EWM.
SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) delivers solution to following key warehouse processes which include Goods Receipt, Rearrangement and Slotting, Storage, Goods Issue, Cross Docking, Yard Management, Labor Management and Value Added Services (VAS).
Few key capabilities of SAP EWM:
- Higher warehouse efficiency
- Seamless integration with existing SAP system
- Stock and process transparency
- Complete labor management solution
- Transportation process integration
SAP Extended Warehouse Management will help CPG companies to deliver products on-time, helps in optimized utilization of warehouse space and hence overall improvement in customer satisfaction.