Reorganization is a process of structuring the database to improve its performance.In most cases we only Reorganize specific tables.
- For every process followed or implemented in the BI/BW system there are certain logs generated which will be stored in specific data base tables.
- These tables will grow incrementally which should be deleted manually as they not deleted by the system.
- This table grows faster depending on the IDOC records in order to achieve performance we need to reorganize the table. We can schedule the reorganization process in the transaction code SLG2.
- Here we can schedule the reorganization process of the expired logs at required intervals in the given point of time.
- We can save our settings as a variant and add that variant in the simple executable program and add it in the process chain so that the logs are deleted at certain point of time without any extra effort.
- See SAPnote 195157 (Application log: Deletion of logs) for more details.
- See also SAPnote 179046 (Rapid Expansion of table EDI40, EDI30C) for information on archiving the IDOC tables.