Error: The report failed while scheduling in Excel format in BO Xi 4.0.
In BO Xi 3.1, the scheduled report was successfully run, when the output format was Excel. The report when manually refreshed ran successfully in 3.1 and 4.0 environments. The report when scheduled in 4.0 ran successfully when the output format was Web Intelligence. The schedule parameters were the same in 3.1 and 4.0 environments.
obtained the ‘system cannot find the path specified’ error because the special character ‘/’ is not allowed in the report name if scheduled. After resolving this issue obtained ‘Maximum character output size limit reached. Contact your BusinessObjects administrator’ error because ‘maximum character stream size’
(Web Intelligence processing service property) was less than required (was only 5 MB).
- Go to 4.0 Development CMC
- Under servres Open the Web
- Open the Web Intelligence Processing
- Change the Maximum character output
size to 25 MB.
- Restart the Web Intelligence
- Schedule the report in BO Xi 4.0
and output format set to Excel.
- Repeat the same steps in BO Xi 4.0
SIT, UAT and production