The new version of SAP PPM 6.0
We recently have the new version of SAP PPM 6.0.
SAP PPM release 6.0 is packed full of additional features that are delivered as part of the Customer Connection initiatives 1 and 2, but can also be installed via notes in the SAP PPM 5.0 release. The big highlight however is, that as an option, SAP PPM 6.0 can also be operated on SAP HANA!!!
The performance problems that usually occur on large projects with many tasks and resources, will be a thing of the past. Through real-time processingwith SAP HANA, important jobs with which data is distributed within the portfolio can be synchronously run – providing current data that is instantly available.
See aditional information for Customer Connecion Cycle 1 & 2 (Florian Arnold)–> http://scn.sap.com/community/plm/rpm-collaborative-project-management-and-cfolders/blog/2012/11/14/customer-connection-cycle-2-for-sap-portfolio-and-project-management
Question: Wich is the benefit’s of SAP PPM 6.0?
- Portfolio Planning
- Development of new product innovations
- Renovation of existing products
- Project monitoring regarding: timeline, budget,risks
- Scoring of projects and KPI
- Portfolio adjustment, including budget changes due to a budget cut for the whole portfolio or specific investment buckets
- Project Management
- Project creation and project structuring
- Resource management by project manager or line managers
- Project calculation and accounting object assignment
- Transfer of calculations to financial and capacity planning on the portfolio level
- ŸProject baseline creation and release of project for execution
- Task execution and time recording
- ŸProject reporting and adjustment
- ŸProject closure
- SAP PPM 6.0 powered by HANA: All of the Dashboard that you have in SAP PPM would be optimized by HANA content.
- Gain real-time visibility into your project investments for large and complex portfolios.
- Speed up task processing for end users when handling with a large amount of tasks distributed across multiple projects.
- Increase Users productivity by time reduction through system supported simulations and analysis on big master data volumes
- Optimization for Project Management
- Faster access to information. Project Dashboard & Task Dashboard. Update multiple Tasks. Search. Evaluations and Thresholds.
- Optimization for Portfolio Management
- Faster access to information. Item & Initiative Dashboard + Metrics. Financial and Capacity Planning. Bucket Rollup. Authorization Checks
- Archiving for Portfolio Objects.
- Enhanced calculation for Financial KPIs
- Business Case in Portfolio Item KPIs
- Mobile Technology in PPM
- Task details
- Task Performance
As can we see most of the new technological functions are very important and are integrated with SAP PPM. The new perspective in this product it’s to create a complete Solution Area called EPPM (Enterprice Portfolio and Project Management) with end-to-end solution (RDS) and the five point future direction (Markets, Business, User and Technology). This new perspective allows out of anonymity to SAP PPM and will be open to a new market.
Let start to learn more about SAP HANA amd Mobile technology. This new Solution Area includes the SAP CPM 1.0 called “SAP Commercial Project Management 1.0” similarly as Portfolio & Project Management with is own Project Workspace.
SAP Help portal of SAP PPM 6.0 –> http://help.sap.com/ppm_60
SAP Solution Explorer of SAP PPM 6.0 –> http://www.sap.com/solutionexplorer
SAP PPM 6.0 Official Presentation (updated 21/07/2014) –> http://www.slideshare.net/msabiche/sap-plmportfolioandprojectmanagement
Hope this would be help.