BusinessObjects Administration – File repository store capacity planning Considerations
This is the continuation of my previous blogs about BusinessObjects File repository servers here.
Business Objects Administration – File Repository Servers
As part of sizing exercise we will estimate number of CPU cores and the memory requirement. You can check for sizing best practices and the Quick sizer here. http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33183
Along with this it is always recommended to go with the optimum size of File repository store to hold all your BI contents in the Disk. Below are some of the considerations while estimating disk space for Input File store.
Disk space requirement considerations for Input File store.
1. Reports that are saved in public folder (Report templates) will be always stored in Input File repository store.
2. Reports that are saved in user’s personal folder (Favorites) will be stored in Input File repository store.
3. Reports that are sent to user’s Inbox will also be stored in Input File repository store.
to get the path of the Inbox document you should always use Query builder where the Properties is not available in BI Launchpad
4. Universes will be stored in Input File repository store.
Continuing with the Input file store considerations below are some of the thoughts about estimating disk space for output File store.
Disk space requirement considerations for Output File store
- Reports that are scheduled to any type of destination other than User’s Inbox will be stored in Output File repository.
We will see more about FRS capacity planning in my upcoming blog. Stay tuned.