This blog offers a walk through of an iPhone based Mobile Retailing application for any developer. This application is based on the Enterprise Procurement Model (EPM).
This application uses objective-C code to send HTTP requests to SAP Mobile Platform cloud server using the HTTP REST APIs. These HTTP requests are used to register the device on the server, request data from the server and send data to the server. It uses native apple library to parse the OData response.
This tutorial guides you through the ready-to-run Mobile Retailing development scenario which includes:
- Set up of your Development Environment from scratch
- Setting up the Application on SMP(SAP Mobile Platform, enterprise edition, cloud version) and Gateway services
- Retrieval of data using SMP from an ABAP system using OData Services
- Deploy and run the Mobile Retailing application on an iPhone device
- Understanding the important bits of code
The source code of the iPhone mobile retailing application can be found here
You can find the end-to-end tutorial here