W3C/OpenSocial Workshop in San Francisco 7/8 August
The W3C SocialBusiness Community Group, of which SAP is an active participant, has partnered with OpenSocial to conduct a Workshop on Social Standards: the Future of Business on August 7-8, 2013 at Tank 18. The workshop will discuss topics that include:
- Key use cases and requirements driving social business
- Technologies that can be standardized to solve the problems facing social business
- Overall architecture of social business interoperability needs
- The difference between standards inside the enterprise and across enterprises
- Organic approaches that are evolving without standardization, such as user engagement and custom integration designs
- Next steps for evolved social specifications, ranging from OpenSocial to the Federated Social Web
The Workshop is being sponsored by IBM and hosted by AppFusions. The Program Committee, of which SAP is a part, is finalizing the agenda and will post it next week. The Program Committee has been using SAPJAM to manage its activities to include realtime collaboration, posting/sharing/reviewing/grading contributions, setting agenda, and finalizing logistics.
The Workshop event is free to attend, and open to social business leaders and strategists, federated and decentralized social Web technologists, security experts and developers. To register either as an attendee, visit the Workshop information site for instructions.
give me a ping if you have any questions.