In Webclient UI, we are able to search different kinds of documents, such as sales orders, opportunities and activities, by search criteria “Belonging To”. This blog will explain the application logic of “Belonging To = My Team” and “Belonging To = My Group”.
“Belonging To = My Team”
- When searching with “Belonging To = My Team”, the system will consider the logon user as the “head” of the team, and retrieve all documents that have one or more of his team members as involved parties (in assignment block Parties Invoveld).
- The logon user shall have been assigned to a valid position under an organization unit. This is a prerequisite.
- The logon user must be a manager. That is, this logon user must be assigned to a head unit position from technical perspective. In another word, the valid poisition in 2 shall be a head unit position.
- If 2 and 3 are met, all the employees under the same organizatoin unit and its sub organizational unit will be considered as a team members.
- All the documents will be included in the search result if one or more team members are involved in them.
We have such an organizational structure as below,
Organizational Unit XXX
-> head unit position hup1
-> employee A
-> head unit position hup2
-> employee ME
-> position pos1
-> employee B
-> head unit position hup3
-> employee C
-> position pos2
-> employee D
-> Organizational Unit sub-XXX
-> head unit position hup4
-> employee E
-> position pos3
-> employee F
When we logon ME (logon user = ME), ME is assigned to head unit position hup2 under organizational unit XXX, thus all the business partners assigned to XXX will be considered as team members, which are ME, A, B, C, D, E, and F. Any document that involves one or more of these team members will be retrieved into the result list.
“Belonging To = My Group”
- Prerequisite: the logon user must have been assigned to a position under an organizational unit, regardless of head unit position or non-head unit position.
- When searching “Belonging To = My Group”, all the employees assigned to this orgnizational unit will be considered as a group member except for the logon user itself. The logon user will be excluded from the group.
- All the documents that involve one or more group members will be included in the result list.
We use the same orgnizational structure above.
If ME is assigned any of the hup1, hup2, hup3, pos1 or pos2, A, B, C, D, E, and F under organizational unit XXX will be considered as group members. Any document that involves one or more of these group members will be retrieved into the result list.
If we move ME to position pos3, only E and F will be considered. The documents that has parties A B C D but not E F will not be included in the result list.
WebUI, webui, CRM, RESPONS_AREA