Migration and LCM BIAR Backup in BO 4.0
For Earlier business objects versions, Migration of objects (like universes, reports and program objects) from one environment (development) to another environment (Test) and BIAR back up are done through Import Wizard but in BO 4.0, this is handled through LCM (life cycle manager).The LCM is web based application; you can access through web browsers.
The LCM BIAR backup steps are listed out as below
Steps for creating the job
1. Log on to the LCM through URL http://systemname:8080/BOE/LCM (system name refers your BO 4.0 server name, this may be customized)
2. Create the new job for universe BIAR backup.
3. Enter the mandatory job formation such as Name, Save Job in (location to save the job), Source ( the server details) and Destination details name Select the universes
BIAR backup activity : – The destination is “output to BIARLCM File” option.
Environment Migration : – The Destination is migration target server location
4. Browse the source folder in the left side panel and select the universe objects from the universe folder
5. Select the objects and click on add and close option. The desired Job is created.
6. Promote the job and execute it after entering the change management ID.
Parameters for promoting the job
Mention the change Management ID : – Weekly_Bair_Backup
Password encryption : – Not applied here (Password pop up will be shown be when we restore the LCMBIAR file).
7. Save the BIAR file into the local folder.
8. We can also automate the BAIR backup activity
9. Schedule Job: – We can schedule the job based on our requirement. (we schedule the backup job on every Friday week
LCMBIAR location:- we have two option
1. File system
2. FTP Location.
We are planning to FTP the LCMBIAR to shared path \\system\shared\
10. While Restoring the backup, we need to create the new job as mentioned above. source is our BIAR file and destination is our BO environment
Import the LCMBIAR file
Mention the file location
Specify the destination and job save in details into the job and execute (please refer the above steps for execution process)