Introducing the SAP TechEd DemoJam Demo Clinic
So you think you have all the ingredients for a killer TechEd DemoJam demo: innovative software, a compelling scenario, a brilliant storyline, an absolutely stunning user interface, and to top it all off you can tell the story in a witty and very, very funny manner.
Or can you? How will the TechEd audience react to your demo? Will someone unfamiliar with your domain of expertise even understand what your demo is about? Will they quickly grasp what is new and special about your demo? Wouldn’t it be great to have someone external give you a fair and unbiased feedback on your demo before the submission deadline? That’s where the SAP TechEd DemoJam Demo Clinic comes in.
The Demo Clinic is a free program where individuals who plan to submit a demo proposal to DemoJam can receive free, independent and unbiased feedback on their demo from professional demo coaches and past DemoJam winners and finalists. The coaches are Sebastian Steinhauer, Tobias Queck, Thomas Schuette, Mrinal Wadhwa and Marek Kowelkiewicz. A big thank-you to all of them for putting their hand up to help DemoJam candidates!
These coaches work on Demo Clinic as a service to the SAP developer community, so I hope you will understand that this offer comes on a first-come, first-serve basis and that priority will be given to first-time DemoJam candidates.
To apply for Demo Clinic you need to:
- Have a piece of software you want to demo. Demo Clinic only provides advice on how to best deliver a demo in front of an audience. Out of scope for Demo Clinic is helping teams with brainstorming what kind of demo would be great for DemoJam, or helping teams write the actual software.
- Read the Participation Rules and Submission Conditions for DemoJam. Read our 10 tips for a great DemoJam demo and 10 tips for recording your DemoJam video.
- Create a rough six-minute video of your demo. The coaches will look at this video before your live online session and will prepare feedback from you.
- Write a short summary of your demo (max 2000 characters)
- Send me an email with your location, the demo summary and a link to the video and I will do my best to assign a coach to your team.
The coaches will most likely schedule a one-hour live coaching session with you over Skype or similar where you will present your demo and receive live feedback. Make sure you come to the coaching session prepared and with an open mind: not all feedback is easy to hear, but we guarantee that all feedback is valuable!
The coaches are entirely independent from the review committee, so you won’t influence the outcome of the selection process by schmoozing them 🙂 You will however influence the outcome of the selection process by listening to the feedback the coaches will provide you and acting on it for improving your demo!