ESS/MSS Makes Taking Vacation Easier
The Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) reported that 1 in 4 employees feels unable to take vacation, for example, because they cannot afford the time. Recognizing that vacation planning can be difficult, HR vice presidents and business partners alike stress the importance of rest and relaxation for employee health. For all those who decide to take vacation and want to schedule vacation time, SAP has a fast and easy way to help plan and schedule leave and get management approval.
In addition to efficient time management and leave request applications, HR experts say that, organizationally, there are policy measures to help those employees who are reluctant to use their vacation time for well-deserved breaks:
- Plan with family or friends and give them plenty of notice so they can coordinate their time off with the employee’s time off
- Have managers support the employees so the employee does not feel guilty taking time off
- Help employees find discounts around vacation services
- Have managers ensure the work is covered with programs like a buddy system or alternative support
- Help employees, who lose vacation with a use-it-or-lose-it policy, to schedule long weekends away if they are reluctant to take large blocks of vacation time
SAP has an Employee and Manager Self-Service solution that provides benefits for employees and managers when it comes to vacation planning, requesting time-off and approving leave. The new and revamped ESS MSS based on Enhancement Package 6 for SAP ERP 6.0 provides end-users with new, faster, more responsive ESS/MSS self-services that tie into core processes within SAP ERP Human Capital Management (HCM). And the good news is that this solution comes with a rapid deployment solution for quick deployment: 9 – 11 weeks, with a fixed cost, with a fixed scope and fixed schedule.
The SAP Employee and Manager Self-Service rapid-deployment solution allows an organization to streamline HR processes with an intuitive employee interface. This is important to employees who get frustrated if the system lacks an intuitive design. It also costs the organization in time and resources when employees struggle with simple HR tasks. Bottom line, with processes that are faster and easier to use, employees are more likely to use them and waste no time in doing it.
With the SAP Employee and Manager Self-Service rapid-deployment solution, you can leverage SAP NetWeaver Business Client software or an existing SAP NetWeaver Portal component. If you have Microsoft SharePoint, you can leverage your existing Microsoft SharePoint portal to get this rapid-deployment solution, as well. Your SAP Account Executive or SAP Partner can help you select the correct rapid-deployment solution package for whichever system is being run.
This solution helps the organization provide managers with a global view of employee information. It gives time-pressed managers easy access to the applications they need to execute processes and make employee decisions – for instance, about compensation planning and staffing activities. Managers can also approve processes like compensation increases, leave requests, expenses, and time sheets with the functionality built into this rapid-deployment solution.
With SAP Employee and Manager Self-Service rapid-deployment solution, employees can access information, tools, and services to manage their personal information and careers. In addition to increasing employee and manager productivity and optimizing processes, you are relieving your HR staff of administrative tasks and freeing them up for more
The SAP Employee and Manager Self-Service rapid-deployment solution helps HR overcome a tough list of challenges, such as:
- Time wasted by HR professionals on inefficient processes instead of time invested in working on strategic HR goals
- Employee frustration because of inefficient handling of easy HR requests
- High costs for HR administrative tasks due to long cycle times, manual errors, poor data accuracy, and duplicate data entries
- Low HR process compliance, quality, and transparency
Following the success of the original solution than runs on SAP ERP 6.0, enhancement package 5, a new version was released in May 2013 for customers running SAP ERP 6.0, enhancement package 6. The latest version includes self-services for benefits enrollment based on WebDynpro ABAP. This allows your employees to enroll for benefits, print benefit election forms for open enrollment, maintain their personal profile and view benefit plans participation, as well as seeing an overview of their benefits in their total compensation statement. Improved time recording, HCM processes and form using WebDynpro for ABAP and the option to allow managers to assign a substitute to process workflow items such as leave requests when the manager is out of the office are further useful enhancements that you can choose to activate. You also have the choice of switching to the CORBU design theme to give a new visual identity to your employee and manager self-services. If you run employee and manager self-service on SAP NetWeaver portal, you can use documentation that is delivered with the rapid-deployment solution to set up UI integration to SuccessFactors.
So now there’s no excuse not to take that well-deserved vacation!
The functionality delivered in the SAP Employee and Manager Self-Service rapid-deployment solution are based on “best practices,” that is processes, interfaces, and features that represent what SAP’s extensive ESS/MSS research team has found is being deployed, successfully.
This rapid-deployment solution includes the following best practices in ESS.:
- Human capital management core services in employee self-service
- Time management in employee self-service
- Time management with enhanced UI in employee self-service
- Payments and benefits in employee self-service
- Travel management in employee self-service
- Career and development in employee self-service
- “My Processes” overview in employee self-service
- “My Processes” and “Team Information” with enhanced UI in employee self-service
It also includes best practices in MSS. This rapid-deployment solution spans:
- HCM core services and approvals in manager self-service
- HCM core services and approvals with enhanced UI in manager self-service
- Performance management in manager self-service
- Compensation management in manager self-service
- E-recruiting in manager self-service
- Talent management in manager self-service
- HCM processes and forms using SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe in manager self-service
- HCM processes and forms using WebDynpro for ABAP in manager self-service
- Organizational management in manager self-service
- Reports in manager self-service
- Reports based on operational data provisioning (ODP) in manager self-service
For more information, check out these links: