How to import XML schema
Below are the Steps to import the XSD file in BODS
- Open the local object library and go to the Formats tab.
- Right-click XML Schema and click New. The Import XML schema format dialog box opens.
- In the Format Name box, name the XML Schema.
- For the File name/URL, click Browse to navigate to the XML schema file and open it.
- For Namespace, click on the drop down to select the namespace .
- In the Root element name list, click on the root element.
- Click OK.
- The XML schema is imported and we can see it in the local object library.
Some tips to avoid XML parse errors at run-time:
- The order of the elements in the XML file should have the same order as in XSD.
- All mandatory fields specified in the XSD must be available in XML File
- The datatype of the elements in the XML file must match with the specification in XSD