- Smart Forms are used to create and maintain forms for mass printing in SAP systems. Besides using the printer for standard output you can also select the Internet (by using a generated HTML output), a fax, or e-mail as the output medium.
With Smart Forms it is easier to customize forms with more functionalities, i.e., table creation with Table Painter.
Unlike SAPscript, you do not have to know scripting commands to perform your tasks. ABAP codes also can be used in Smart Forms.
Smart Forms generate a functional key when activated.
You can download Smart Forms to your local hard disk in XML format
Unlike SAPscripts; Smartforms are client Independent.
Paragraph Formats and Character Formats are maintained in SMARTSTYLES. We can color the Font if required.
Background graphics are possible in case of SMARTFORMS.
Creating Multiple Pages
- Generally smart form doesn’t allow two Main Windows. Hence, create 2 tables inside your main window. One table for populating data on the first page and another table for second page.
- Design the first page and keep next page with same page name. So that, page is called n number of times.
- Design second page and keep next page with same page name. So that, page is called n number of times.
- As two tables are called in the single main window; the same main window having multiple tables has to be copied for the successive pages.
- Use command to trigger second page.
- If last page only have templates or no variable data; then we need not worry about Main Windows.
Form Output – First Page
Form Output – Second Page
Dileep Kumar Pala
Sr. Software Engineer
iGate Global Solutions Ltd.