What’s new in SAP Business One Version 9.0
I share my knowledge to ” What’s new in SAP Business One Version 9.0“.
SAP has continued to invest in extending the core functionality of SAP Business One across a number of different business functions and has made available its first major release in the Release Family 9, SAP Business One version 9.0.
By introducing a centralized implementation framework and extending the current implementation tools, SAP Business One 9.0 makes SAP Business One easier to implement, and with improved integration, a number of SAP Business One extensions are now fully integrated into the core product offering.
SAP Business One 9.0 is easier to customize and extend, offering new development tools, the SAP Business One Studio Suite, including key technical infrastructure enhancements supporting better performance and security compliance.SAP Business One 9.0 enabling users to define, customize and execute workflows for key business processes, providing greater process flow transparency, standardization and control across SAP Business One.
Below you will find more in-depth descriptions of the updates and added functionality of SAP Business One Version 9.0:
SAP Business One 9.0 Accounting
SAP Business One 9.0 Advanced GL Account Determination
SAP Business One 9.0 provides a flexible and centralised system to manage inventory G/L account determination. With the advanced G/L determination rules, you can assign inventory G/L accounts by item groups, items, warehouses, business partner groups, ship-to countries, and various combinations of all the above criteria.
SAP Business One 9.0 Financials
Deferred Tax Enablement in Manual JE
SAP Business One 9.0 enables you to manage deferred tax in manual journal entries, journal vouchers, posting templates, and recurring postings
SAP Business One 9.0 Fixed Assets
SAP Business One 9.0 allows you to manage fixed assets using a fully integrated solution. In addition to the functions provided by the Fixed Asset Solution in SAP Business One 8.82, the fixed assets functionality implemented in SAP Business One 9.0 enables you to do many things that were out of reach with previous versions of SAP Business One.
In order for you to better manage your fixed assets in SAP Business One, SAP Business One 9.0 has also enhanced some functionality from the add-on, such as the use of the ‚ ‘Declining Balance‛‚ ‘Special Depreciation‛, and ‘Multilevel‛ depreciation methods, depreciation forecast, depreciation run, asset history sheet, and so on.
Internal Reconciliation in SAP Business One 9.0
The internal reconciliation functionality has been enhanced to support the following system currency aspects:
- When performing internal reconciliation, conversion difference postings are automatically created
- You can display system currency balances due, in various windows, and reports
- The Conversion Differences report has been enhanced with an optimised calculation of the unrealised conversion difference
SAP Business One 9.0 Sales and Purchasing
Cancellation of Sales and Purchasing Documents
You can now cancel most sales and purchasing documents that normally trigger postings. Upon cancelling such a document, a corresponding cancelation document is created to reverse the associated accounting, tax, and inventory changes. The base documents belonging to the cancelled documents are reopened with balances due restored. You can now copy these base documents to new documents.
Adjusting Total Freight in Goods Receipt POs Based on A/P Reserve Invoices
SAP Business One 9.0 supports adjustment of the total freight when creating a goods receipt PO based on A/P reserve invoices under the following conditions:
- The freight of the goods receipt PO does not exceed the unallocated freight of the base A/P reserve invoices
- If you have allocated all open quantities of the base A/P reserve invoices to this goods receipt PO, you must allocate all the remaining freight of the reserve invoices to the goods receipt PO
Adjusting Item Cost in Non-Based A/R Return and A/R Credit Memo
The item cost in non-based A/R return and an A/R credit memo is determined by item cost at the time of the document creation. Starting from SAP Business One 9.0, the user can adjust the item cost in these documents. This enhancement applies only to items managed by Moving Average Price or FIFO methods.
SAP Business One 9.0 Banking
Payment, Cheque, and Deposit Cancellation Improvements
With SAP Business One 9.0, you are able to do the following:
- Cancel incoming payments with deposited cheques
- Cancel deposits partially
- Cancel deposited cheques
- Cancel non-deposited cheques with automatic journal entries
Down Payment Request Reconciliation
SAP Business One 9.0 enables you to manually reconcile, fully or partially, a payment of down payment request with an invoice (regular invoice or reserve invoice, correction invoice is not supported).
SAP Business One 9.0 Inventory
Bin locations in SAP Business One 9.0 allows you to manage bin locations for your warehouses. You can enable the bin location function for individual warehouses.
Bin Location Related Documents
After you enable the bin location function for intended warehouses, you need to record bin locations in those warehouses for all receipts and issues of inventory, including the processing of the following documents or transactions:
- Goods receipt PO, goods return, A/P invoice, A/P credit memo, delivery, return, A/R invoice, A/R invoice + payment, A/R credit memo
- Goods receipt, goods issue, inventory transfer, inventory taking
- Receipt from production, issue for production
- Pick and Pack
During the receipt, issue, and transfer of goods, SAP Business One 9.0 lets you automate the process of allocating goods from and to bin locations. You also can perform the allocation manually.
Inventory in Bin Locations
To better manage the inventory in your bin locations, SAP Business One 9.0 enables you to do the following:
- View the information of stored items, such as the item quantity, and number of items
- Restrict the storage of your bin locations, for example, to a particular batch, item, or item group
- Restrict the use of your bin locations, for example, to receiving or issuing goods only
- Replenish the inventory in your bin locations if the inventory level falls below the minimum
Bin Location Management
To facilitate the management of bin locations, SAP Business One 9.0 supports the generation, update, and deletion of bin locations in batches.
Serials and Batches
SAP Business One 9.0 lets you maintain serials and batches in your bin locations. When you issue serials and batches from bin locations, you can decide whether you want to pick the items according to their bin locations, or their serial and batch information.SAP Business One 9.0 lets you maintain serials and batches in your bin locations. When you issue serials and batches from bin locations, you can decide whether you want to pick the items according to their bin locations, or their serial and batch information.
Receiving Bin Locations
SAP Business One 9.0 allows you to designate certain bin locations as receiving bin locations. When you receive goods, these goods can first be automatically placed in receiving bin locations.
You can get an overview of all bin locations, and check the inventory statuses and movements in bin locations using the following reports:
- Bin Location List
- Bin Location Content List
- Inventory Posting List
Multiple Unit of Measurement (UoM) in SAP Business One 9.0
SAP Business One 9.0 provides a high degree of flexibility to your management of products in multiple units of measurement (UoM). The Multiple UoM feature enables you to sell, purchase, receive and ship products in any UoM that your business needs, and to define default UoMs for various types of transactions. All sales and purchasing documents support items with multi-UoM definitions.The highlights of this new feature are as follows:
- Unlimited global and product-specific UoMs
- Setup of UoM groups with conversion rules between base UoMs and alternative UoMs within the groups
- These UoM groups are used in item master data, marketing documents, and inventory documents
- Default sales UoMs, purchasing UoMs, inventory UoMs, and automatic conversion to other applicable UoMs in transaction processing
- Related enhancement of packaging, bar code and pricing functions:
- Package settings for multiple UoMs are incorporated into item master data and are used in sales documents to recommend the number of packages
- For an item using multiple UoMs, you can define multiple bar codes and different prices for each of its UoMs
Note that production transactions are processed in a single inventory UoM.
Price List and Discount Enhancements
In SAP Business One 9.0, the price list and the discount-groups functionality has been enhanced to improve efficiency and to support specific business processes. Using the enhanced price list function you can now do the following:
- Assign a price list to a business partner group
- Define multiple currency prices in a specific price list or in a special prices list
- Define prices and special prices for different units of measurement, of a specific item
- Define price lists as active or inactive
In addition, you can now decide whether to remove un-priced items from the database in order to reduce the database size and impact on performance when running applications on the database.Using the enhanced discount groups function you can now do the following:
- Define discount groups for all business partners, for customer groups or for vendor groups
- Define discounts for specific items
- Define variable discounts based on quantity bought
- Define discount groups as active or inactive
- Define discountable control for a business partner and for an item
- Allocate multiple discounts
You can get an overview of all prices and discounts using the following reports:
- Price report
- Discount report
These reports are also available from within marketing documents, enabling the user to track the source price and discount of each item during document creation.
Serial and Batch Items in Drop Ship Warehouses
SAP Business One 9.0 now lets you manage serial and batch items in drop ship warehouses. After you enable the serial and batch management for your drop ship warehouses, you can do the following:
- Allocate serial and batch items in drop ship warehouses to newly created documents. The documents include the following:
- Sales order, delivery, return, A/R invoice, A/R invoice + payment, A/R credit memo, A/R Debit Memo, A/R reserve invoice
- Goods receipt PO, goods return, A/P invoice , A/P credit memo, A/P Debit Memo
- Maintain the serial and batch information for items in drop ship warehouses using Serial Number Management and Batch Management
- View the transactions of the serial and batch items in drop ship warehouses using Serial Number Transactions Report and Batch Number Transactions Report
In addition, if your serial items in drop ship warehouses are delivered, SAP Business One can create customer equipment cardsautomatic
ally for these items in the same way as for the items in non-drop ship warehouses.
SAP Business One 9.0 provides new capabilities for running a complete inventory taking process. It starts with cycle counting alerts and continues with well-structured tasks and innovated reporting.Major enhancements include the following:
- Providing documents to record and manage inventory counting and inventory posting
- Freezing items during inventory counting
- Recording counting results and variance by two different inventory takers
- Improving the cycle count function to enable continuation of counting process from cycle count alerts and recommendations
- Counting the exact serial numbers and batches
- Supporting inventory taking for bin locations
- Providing inventory-taking reports to consolidate and analyse existing inventory counting and inventory posting documents
- Providing an Inventory Counting Recommendation dashboard report
- Providing documents to record and manage inventory opening balances
- Counting by unit of measurement
Thanks & Regards,
Bowya S S