Technology is transforming the way consumer goods companies are managing their sales and marketing efforts to achieve greater productivity. In order to stay ahead in the race, they are not just introducing newer products on the shelves, but also incorporating newer technologies to improve their sales and marketing processes. Mobile devices are ubiquitous; this allows consumers to make better informed decisions today. They expect products that are personalized to their needs. Consumer goods companies have to change the way they interact with and listen to these consumers and transform the way they work. They also have to better manage pricing and promotions; make better sales forecasts, more accurate inventory management, and so on. The opportunities to improve the productivity of sales and marketing processes are endless.
CGT and IDC Manufacturing Insights’ annual Sales & Marketing Report polled consumer goods sales and marketing executives on today’s hottest topics, like TPM, downstream data, direct-to-consumer selling, retail execution, S&OP and emerging markets. In this highly anticipated web seminar, CGT will lead a panel discussion with experts from SAP, Kellogg Company and IDC on the opportunities that exist for consumer products companies to leverage the 2013 Sales and Marketing study results to maximize revenue and productivity. IDC Manufacturing Insights will take a deep dive into the following key findings:
- Opportunities exist for consumer goods manufacturers to continue their progress with TPM to increase the level of optimization
- Complementing downstream data with other data — and Big Data analytics — can drive demand visibility and customer service improvements
- D2C initiatives emphasize personalization and the consumer experience by leveraging social and mobile channels
- Retail execution is playing a critical role in aligning brand expectations and mobile capabilities
- Integrated planning capabilities for S&OP better represent the perspective of sales and supply chain
- Sales and marketing efforts can have a great impact on success in emerging markets
Register today to hear how you can leverage the insights from sales and marketing study to transform the way you work.
Webcast date: Thursday, 7/11/2013 2:00 PM (EST), Duration: 60 Minutes
The panel includes:
IDC Manufacturing Insights
Vice President, Business Planning
Global VP, Consumer & Distribution Industry Solutions