Status Profiles in SAP
You can create Status profiles for documents or transactions and then set up authorizations for certain activities. The result is we can enable select personnel as authorized to carry out the activities blocked by status profiles.
Create Status Profile
- Create status profile in general status management as shown below (BS02) or via IMG –> Sales & Distribution à Sales à Sales documents à Define & Assign Status Profile:
2. Go to Define Status Profiles. Choose New Entries and enter code & description for your status profile:
3. Choose object types for status profile. Eg: Sales order header or sales order item for which the status profile is to be applied to.
4. Enter your status say for price check, specify lowest status number (which will render any statuses lower than the lowest number specified, inactive) and highest status number (which will decide the upper limit of status numbers which may be activated if this status is active).
Set initial indicator for your required status, generally system sets initial automatically for the first status.
Specify authorization key in authorization code field. (See below for creation of authorization key).
Enter authorization key & description in BS52 and save. Authorization key is assigned to status profile and is used to create authorization for user role.
Users and Authorizations
Authorizations to perform a particular action in the R/3 system can be created (and included in required user roles) via authorizationobjects. Create authorization for authorization object B_USERSTAT
1. Go to IMG à Cross-Application components àDocument Management à Control Data àMaintain Role or use transaction PFCG and add authorization for status profile to required user role.
2. Choose change user role and go to menu tab. Add transaction (say VA02) for which you want to give authorization to change user status for sales order header or item
3. Go to Authorization tab and choose ‘change authorization data’. Maintain status management for authorization object B_USERSTAT, specify object category as chosen (VBK or VBP), authorization key, and status profile. Generate authorization.
4. Go to user tab and enter user ids which are to have role with authorization for status profile and save.
Save User Role.
Test Status Profile
- Create sales order and check status (sales document header à status tab). Status is blocked and user status is PRC (from status profile).
2. Try to deliver the blocked sales order to get below error:
Now, delivery and subsequent documents can be created for released sales order.