In SAP NetWeaver 7.31 SP6 and higher, you can rename elements in a single source unit as well as global ABAP classes, interfaces, or their members (such as fields or methods of classes or interfaces) that are used globally in other programs.
- In the source code editor of your ABAP program, put the cursor on the element to be renamed.
All occurrences of the variable are highlighted
- In the context menu, select Source > Rename or choose the shortcut Ctrl + 1 and select Rename x.
- In the following dialog box, enter the New Name that has to be renamed and click Next.
- The following dialog box displays the ABAP programs and transport request where the element is used and changed. Select Next or Finish to continue.
- In the Rename: Field window, the changes are displayed in the Refactored Source frame. Check the changes step-by-step by using the navigation buttons.
- Select Finish to complete the renaming.
The source code editor renames the selected element and updates the references.
You can undo the renaming by choosing Undo Rename (Ctrl + Z) from the context menu.