SAP BusinessObjects 4.0 Monitoring Configuration – Part(3)
This is the continuation of my previous blogs on monitoring application in BusinessObjects 4.0.
So far we setup monitoring application, probes and metrics analysis, creation of watches and finally the alert configuration. In this blog we are going to see the monitoring database configuration.The real-time monitoring process goes as below
- Go to Monitoring > Probes
2. Select one of the probes you scheduled earlier, for instance CMS Logon Logoff
3. From the bottom right graph, select the time window during which the probe has been running
If required we can use the time slider to select a different time window and zoom in and out. Now it’s time to analyze the captured monitoring data over a period of time. As a prerequisite for this we need to enable the monitoring database and set its properties according to the requirement.
To Configuring Monitoring database
1. Go to CMC > Applications > Monitoring Application > Properties
2. Enable Monitoring Application option has to be enabled and choose the trending database option
For monitoring database selection we have two options. We can either select the default Derby database or we can use our existing auditing database itself to hold the monitoring tables.
Default Derby database selection
Default Audit database selection
Once the monitoring database is enables we need to create Monitoring Universe and set of reports to do the historical reporting on monitoring. Let us see those activities in the upcoming blog. Hope this is interesting.
BusinessObjects Monitoring Blog series