When setting up alerts in PI for our PI developers we encountered an issue with the alert subscriptions. Everything else was working correctly, just when you clicked on the subscription link we got a BSP error. After a ton of googling I pieced together the fix for our environment.
Here’s what we did to resolve the issue.
- Log into PI
- Run SE38
- Run report BSP_UNLOCK_LONG_APP
- Unlock both ALERTPERSONALIZE_RULES and ALERTSUBSCRIPTION
- To test go to RWB (http://hostnameofpiserver:5<IN>00/rwb/index.jsp)
- Click Alert Inbox then Subscription
- If the Subscriptions page opens it’s fixed.