Hitachi / HDS
Hitachi Storage Adapter for SAP Landscape Virtualization Management
SAP Landscape Virtualization Management (LVM) software is the successor of the SAP Adaptive Computing Controller (ACC). As part of SAP’s virtualization and cloud management initiative, it enables the customers to easily provision, deploy, and manage existing SAP systems in virtualized data centers and cloud infrastructures. With its flexibility, it is easily adaptable to customer needs, and because of a number of open interfaces, the SAP partners can integrate the optimal solutions for their products.
The Hitachi Storage Adapter implements the interface for managing Hitachi storage arrays and allows you to easily integrate these into SAP LVM and take advantage of the Hitachi benefits. This solution lets you dynamically provision and de-provision LUNs on the Hitachi storage arrays as well as attach and detach LUNs to and from resources that have been configured for access over the FC protocol.
Software and Hardware Support
The Hitachi Storage Adapter for SAP Landscape Virtualization Management supports the following combination of operating systems and storage (1) on SAP Landscape Virtualization Management 2.1:
|Operating System / Storage System||IBM AIX||Linux||HP-UX||Microsoft Windows|
IBM AIX 6.1, 7.1
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and 6 on x64
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 and 11 on x64
Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 and 6 on x64
HP-UX 11i v3
Windows 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2
End of Life as of July 2015.
MS Windows 2008 R2 SE/EE/DE (2) x64 SP1
MS Windows 2012 SE/DE x64
The Hitachi Storage Adapter for SAP Landscape Virtualization Management supports the following replication techniques:
- In-System Replication
- Shadow Image in-system replication
- Copy-on-Write Snapshot
- Thin Image
- Remote Replication
The Hitachi Storage Adapter for SAP Landscape Virtualization Management supports the following storage technology:
- Global-Active Device (Active-Active Storage Clusters): For VSP G1000
The Hitachi Storage Adapter for SAP Landscape Virtualization Management supports the following storage systems:
- Virtual Storage Platform G1000 (VSP G1000)
- Firmware revision 80-01-01-00/00 or newer
- Virtual Storage Platform Gx00 Series (VSP G800/G600/G400/G200/G100)
- Firmware revision 83-01-01-00/00 or newer
- Virtual Storage Platform (VSP)
- Firmware revision 70-05-02-00/00 or newer
- Hitachi Unified Storage VM
- Firmware revision 73-01-31-00/00 or newer
- Hitachi Unified Storage 100 Series (HUS100/HUS130/HUS150)
- Firmware revision 0916/A or later
- Dual Controller is required
The following storage systems are not supported as of July 2015:
- Advanced Modular Storage 2000 Series (AMS2010/2100/2300/2500)
- Firmware revision 0890/A or later
- Dual Controller is required
What is coming next?
Currently we are working on the following topics (3)(4):
- Global-Active Device for VSP Gx00 series
Please get in contact with your local account team or with the Hitachi SAP Competence Center to obtain more information or the software.
A Best Practice Guide describing the integration with IBM AIX/HP-UX and the VSP series can be found here.
An Implementation Guide describing the integration with IBM AIX/HP-UX and the VSP series can be found here.
Please visit the Hitachi Solutions for SAP homepage.
(1) Please refer to the Release Notes and User’s Guide bundled with the software.
(2) SE/EE/DE are abbreviations for Standard Edition, Enterprise Edition and Datacenter Edition.
(3) Please get in contact with the Hitachi SAP Competence Center to obtain more information.
(4) Subject to change – also this document is updated on a regular base, the list of topics may not reflect the most current strategy. Please get in contact with the Hitachi SAP Competence Center to obtain more information.