Steps to extract data from an excel file to Crystal Report 2011
1. Select New Report
2. Select Data Base Expert
3. Click on Create New Connection from the Data Tab
This folder shows sub folders for various data sources you can connect to.
Some popular choices in the Create New Connection folder are described here:
- Access/Excel (DAO)
This option lets you connect to a supported database type (Access, dBASE, Excel, Lotus, and so on). You can create a new connection using the Make New Connection option.
- OLE DB (ADO)
This option shows a list of OLE DB providers you have already configured for use. You can also specify a Microsoft Data Link file to use.
4. Select DAO for Microsoft Excel 2005 and below versions.
Select OLE DB (ADO) for Microsoft Excel 2007 and above versions.
5. Select the OLEDB Provider as Microsoft Office 12.0 Access Database Engine OLE DB Provider
6. Click Next
7. Enter the Connection Information
- Data Source – Browse the excel file and select the it
- Office Database Type – Choose Excel
- Click Next or Finish
- Connection is created
8. Select the newly created connection and through the arrow button push it to the Selected Table block
9. Select Next and then select the fields to be viewed in the report
10.Select the available template this is optional and then click on Finish.
11. Click on View in the menu bar select Preview or Preview Sample and you can find the data in the Crystal Report