A new feature in SP6 that most of you are probably not aware of is a set of test cases that are shipped with SAP NetWeaver Gateway.
More information can be found in the SAP Online Help.
Please be sure that
- you have generated the flight sample data using the report SAPBC_DATA_GENERATOR as described in Setting Up the Flight Data Application (SAP Library – Flight Data Application – Demo Example for …
- you have activated the services RMTSAMPLEFLIGHT and TEA_TEST_APPLICATION using transaction /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE
These test cases can be created in the the test group CORE_SAMPLES from within the Gateway client.
The currently 75 test cases span from showing how to use $batch, $filter and other query parameters such as $skip, $top and so on.
Of special interest might be that several request are contained that show how to call services using $batch which requires the consumer to carefully build an http request that fits to the OData standard.
You can generate the test cases as follows:
- Start the Gateway client using transaction /IWFND/GW_CLIENT
- Choose Select as if you were to select an existing test case from the database, choose Select
- From the menu choose Gateway Client (1) and then Create Core Samples (2)
- This will create a list of currently 75 test cases:
- By selecting one of the entries you open the Gateway Client like shown in the following with a $batch request.