SAP Lumira is a data analysis and manipulation tool which can perform real-time analysis on any data volume. It offers various chart and graph options like bars, lines, pies, geographic chart, scatters, maps, tables and other charts which caters to various data visualization needs.
I have prepared a simple tutorial to consume data from an excel spreadsheet and create a 3D Column chart.
Steps to build visualization
1. Connect to data source
1.1. Click on MS Excel (data file used is an excel spreadsheet)
1.2. Choose the required data acquisition options
- Data sheet to be consumed
- Data columns to be included
- Other options
2. View and organize columns and attributes
From the attributes list, identify the attributes for measures and hierarchies.
2.1. Manually create measures
Right click on attribute and click on create a measure option.
2.2. Manually create hierarchy
2.2.1. Choose from the options for hierarchy creation as required
2.2.2. Choose the hierarchy levels as applicable
2.2.3. Accept the hierarchy propositions
Alternatively, enrich all feature (highlighted in the above screenshot) can be used to apply possible enrichments.
3. Choose a working view and chart type
I have chosen 3D Column Chart to display Annual Revenue by Customers during the five year period.
Steps involved in creating this chart are explained further.
4. Build your chart step by step
4.1. Drag and drop Revenue to Y Axis 1 under the Measures section
4.2. Drag and drop Year attribute to Legend color under Dimension section
4.3. Drag and drop Customer attribute to X-axis under Dimension section
The above visualization clearly displays the Annual Revenue by Customers over the 5 year period.
5. Save the visualization
Click on the save button as shown.
Visualization is saved as highlighted in the above screenshot.
6. Share the Dataset/Visualization
As shown below, Dataset can be exported as file, published to HANA, Explorer and StreamWork.
Visualization can be shared via email, published to StreamWork.
Some of the other visualizations that I created for this dataset are:
1. Seasonality in Revenue – Column Chart
2. Customer loss or gain – Column Chart
3. Annual Revenue trends – Line Diagram
4. Revenue from top 3 customers for a given division, year – Table chart
5. Revenue by division, year – 3d Column Chart
6. Net sales from various customers for a given division – Pie Chart
7. Revenue by country, customer and year – Table Chart
I hope this tutorial was helpful.
Please refer below link for more information.