SAP proudly launches “everywhere” analytics
If you caught last month’s Sapphire announcements you know that SAP has rebranded SAP Visual Intelligence to SAP Lumira and along with that released a complimentary cloud service called SAP Lumira Cloud. Last week the SAP Lumira Cloud was officially launched and is now available to all at cloud.saplumira.com.
This release marks the beginning of a new wave of self-service innovation from SAP that spans desktop, cloud and mobile. SAP Lumira is designed to provide balance and flexibility to the collaboration between IT, analysts and end users. IT continues to build trusted information and analytical applications. Analysts can now acquire, cleanse, enrich and combine data from various sources to discover insights. Finally, with the release of SAP Lumira Cloud, these insights can now be shared with end users everywhere through web and mobile devices to drive timely decisions.
Here are just a few features available in the SAP Lumira Cloud today:
- Acquire Data: There are two ways to easily get data to SAP Lumira Cloud:
- Data import tool allowing uploads of up to 200MB on Google Chrome.
- Data level integration with SAP Lumira. You can now publish data directly from SAP Lumira. (Note: SAP Lumira 1.0.11 is required to enable this feature.)
- Visualize and Explore: Click on a dataset to explore and discover insights using a simplified measure and facet view. This HTML5 interface even allows you to customize the colors, transparency and size of chart objects based on any quantitative metric. Of course, you can save your findings for others to see.
- Share Insights: Click on the gear next to any data or visualization and select Share to invite colleagues, customers or partners to view and explore from their web browsers or mobile device.
Well, you can publish data and visualizations to any group of people from field reps and executives on mobile devices to customers outside your firewall. Operational reporting, financial dashboards, and customer 360 reports are all great use cases for SAP Lumira Cloud. Since SAP Lumira Cloud is built on the SAP HANA Cloud Platform its not only a reliable service, but also elastic; meeting your user’s demands now and in the future.
We plan to deliver new improvements on this solution with monthly releases so come back often and don’t forget to write. Please submit ideas or issues to the product forum here.
A free SAP Lumira Cloud account is available without expiration with 1 GB of storage by registering at cloud.saplumira.com. Additional users and space is available for purchase now by contacting your representative or by calling +1 877 727 1127 ext. 110011.