VMware and SAP Collaborate to Deliver SAP Solutions including SAP HANA as a Service on VMware Cloud Infrastructure
VMware becomes one of the first SAP partners in NA to provide SAP HANA and SAP applications as a subscription service for on-premise or cloud deployments
As you may have heard VMware and SAP AG just announced a new model to deliver SAP applications and SAP HANA in the newly launched VMware vCloud® Hybrid Service™. With this we have become one of the first SAP partners in North America to offer SAP HANA and SAP applications on a subscription basis for on-premise or cloud deployments.
This was an exciting announcement for us here at VMware and to build on that momentum we have scheduled a webinar to further discuss what it all means on June 18, 2013 at 8AM Pacific Time. You and your customers can register for this event at http://bit.ly/14xHiyW
This joint offering is designed to allow customers to:
- 1. Purchase SAP HANA, SAP HANA Insights, Sybase Real-Time Data Platform and SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse as a subscription service from VMware for on-premise use or on VMware’s Hybrid Cloud Service
- 2. Consume SAP solutions on VMware vCloud Hybrid Service in a true OpEx model with subscription pricing for both software and infrastructure services. VMware will provide the option of a fully managed subscription service (a) on-premise, (b) in the cloud, or within (c) hybrid deployments
Key benefits of the offering include:
- 1. Customers can choose to pay license and maintenance as a subscription for up to a 5 year term and renew the subscription or purchase license at the end of the term
- 2. No purchase of dedicated backup/recovery appliances needed for every production HANA appliance
- 3. Near zero downtime for SAP HANA, recover and migrate live databases within minutes
- 4. Approximately 4:1 hardware consolidation—we expect customers to only need 1 virtual SAP HANA appliance to do the work of 4 physical SAP HANA appliances
- 5. Rapid deployment (within 2-4 minutes) of new SAP HANA instances with preconfigured HANA templates
- 6. Unlimited ability to “stack” multiple SAP HANA licenses as the customer needs grow
SAP solutions running on VMware vCloud Hybrid Service are expected to be available in the United States in Q3 2013. Customers can purchase SAP HANA and SAP applications as a subscription license for on-premise deployments today.
Please join us for our joint webinar on June 18 at 8AM Pacific to explore your needs and see how we can help your business.