Earlier this week we saw the launch of the First Ever RDS Day supported all-embraced by the India Services team – an innovative approach using RDS with Design thinking to instill the experience of simplified business outcome based rapid deployment with our customers in the day-long session in Mumbai, India
This event came at the perfect time as several organizations in the APJ region are currently expecting more innovations, better solutions and want these solutions delivered ready-to-use with instant value. Today, winning depends on whether organizations can deploy leading edge innovations with speed & simplicity and accelerate the time to value like never before – thus SAP’s new Simplified Rapid Deployment experience.
Here’s what our customers had to say:
- “Excellent Demonstrations SAP’s Understanding of customers pains & SAP’s Commitment to proactively address them”- Deputy General Manager, Bajaj Auto
- “It was a good experience to understand RDS as to how we could use this” – Senior Vice President, Bajaj Auto
- “Arranging such kind of event keeps customer aware about innovation in technology. Overall experience was Excellent” – Chief Manager, State Bank of India
- “Excellent informative sessions & interactive sessions” – Deputy Chief, Mukand Ltd
- “It was a Good Experience, learned something new of SAP Product” – Consultant, Dimexon Integrated Business Services Pvt. Ltd
The event opened with Narayanan Iyer, Head of RDS Services Sales APJ, setting the tone to experience Simplified Business Outcome Based Rapid Deployment. The day-long Simplified Rapid Deployment experience saw 42 of SAP’s top customers engage with SAP Services to experience the most recent innovations delivered ready-to-use with instant value. The event covered:
- Experiencing the most recent applications of SAP innovations through the Simplified Rapid Deployment experience
- Understanding how a working solution can be quickly deployed by adopting the Best Practice based assemble-to-order approach
- Exploring business outcome-based possibilities/ideas through Design Thinking with immediate follow-on solution approach discussions
Claus Andresen, Head of Solutions and Practices APJ, provided the key note defining the Solutions and Innovation Strategy of SAP and Chendil Nathan, Head of Services, Global Delivery, defined the benefits of assemble-to-order approach. Vijay Singh, CIO of Abhijeet Industries explained the benefits of deploying RDS in a building block approach
Lalit Jagtiani, Our APJ Champion led the Design Thinking workshop that focused on four key technology areas: Mobile Connectivity, Cloud, Business Suite, Big Data – posing key challenge to the customers on “how can we leverage these technologies in our business to create a new business model?” Groups then presented their ideas and prototyped solution at the end of the session, with all participants getting to vote on the winning solution. The winning approach was to use Mobile to drive effective customer centricity
The dedicated customer breakout completed the cycle on the solution experiences with the customers and experts from Solution and Knowledge Assembly Packaging and Global Delivery engaging in a face-to-face round table discussions on solutions areas of interest.
Nadine Rahman, Head of RDS Sales APJ, said, “flawless all the way from planning to execution to the results”
All in all, the event generated numerous customer requests for follow-ups. Commenting the event as outstanding Claus Andresen said, “the fruitful customer interactions, the consistent positive feedback and, in particular, the many opportunities to help our customers drive more innovation with RDS should be a strong motivation to run similar events across the region”
Clay Caldwell, Global Head of RDS Services, said “this team has really set the bar with this event, a phenomenal RDS event in Mumbai – so proud of the initiative and results. We should repeat in every other Market Unit”
Bruce Mckinnon, Head of Services Sales, APJ “strongly recommended that every Market Unit consider a similar event, to demonstrate to your markets the benefits of RDS and how we as SAP Services can help our customers achieve these benefits. Let’s take advantage of the strategy we have prepared – our customers should never have to conduct a large, long projects”
For more information blogs SAP Rapid Deployment Solutions, click here.