Like Under Armour, Don’t Ignore What’s Happening On Your Retailers’ Shelves
In a recent Information Week article, SAP shared the benefits that sports apparel manufacturer Under Armour is gaining from real-time and right time responsiveness. As an example, Co-CEO Jim Snabe highlighted the fact that “it could turn on dime when one team or another wins a playoff game or one player or another wearing particular shoes or branded clothing makes a big play. These sorts of [triggers] drive demand the week after the game, not the month after, so you need constant planning to react quickly enough.”
If you rely solely on internal shipment and delivery information, and ignore what’s happening on your Retailer’s selves, you could be vulnerable to higher inventory costs, lost sales opportunities, and failed product launches.
Today, customer demand is constantly shifting and retailers expect their suppliers to respond quickly top new buying patterns. Manufacturers need to be able to sense and respond to consumer buying patterns as they occur in the market, but latency and lack of granularity in demand information as it gets transmitted through the various layers of the supply chain make it difficult. This requires a demand management solution that can:
- Quickly access, aggregate, and analyze all demand data
- Cleanse, harmonize, and enrich demand and market data
- Get a holistic view of your marketing in real-time
- Make sales and marketing teams more responsive to demand
If you’re looking for a solution that fits those requirements, SAP Demand Signal Management solution, powered by SAP HANA fits the bill. Not only can this solution analyze internal and external data instantly, at any level of granularity, but it can present role-based reports and analytics to help managers answer complex questions across your entire enterprise to drive efficiency and effectiveness. Attend the HANA Use Cases for Manufacturers Workshop at the SAP Manufacturing Industry Customer Value Network Forum in Chicago June 26-26 to learn more about this solution and:
- Get an overview of the capabilities of SAP HANA
- Hear how industry leading manufacturing companies are leveraging SAP HANA to optimize their manufacturing & planning processes, accelerate their supply chain, warranty management and predictive equipment maintenance
- Learn how to identify your SAP HANA use case & build the IT/business justification and roadmap
The forum is complimentary, but space is limited, so please register today at: http://spr.ly/IMCCVN.