Patch Level Seven Now Available
NWBC PL7 is now available for download from SAP Service Marketplace: http://service.sap.com/patches
Support Packages and Patches A – Z Index “N” NETWEAVER BUSINESS CLIENT NWBC NW BUSINESS CLIENT 4.0 Win32
Highlights (of PL7 plus PL6 and PL5) include:
- Support for the new UI theme designer and infrastructure, available from http://help.sap.com/nw-uiaddon
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 support (desktop mode)
- Microsoft Windows 8 support (desktop mode, in conjunction with IE 10) – keyboard and mouse mode, not touch-enabling.
- Context-sensitive side panel enhancements
- Authentication: NWBC supports usage of Secure Login Client with the upcoming SAP NW SSO 2.0 SP0.
- SAP GUI integration regarding busy sessions (needs SAP GUI 7.30 Patch Level 4) missing scrollbars in popup windows
Note on PL4: This patch was mainly for fixes. However it also includes enhancements to tabbed browsing. End users can : change the order of tabs by drag and drop; drag and drop a tab to a new window; and change tab icons (by right-clicking on the tab). Also included: right-to-left (RTL) support.
For more details on all the above, see SAP Note 1707626