Companies who have worked with SAP Business One for over two years can use the data archive wizard to archive closed transactional data relating to previous financial periods that have been closed. Closed transactional data can be closed sales and purchasing documents, reconciled journal entries, and so on.
With the data archive wizard, you can perform the following tasks:
- Simulate a data archive wizard run – the simulation gives you a preview of the expected results of the actual wizard run. It enables you to know:
- Which data will be removed.
- The expected reduction in database size.
- Initiate a data archive wizard run – when the run is complete some data is permanently removed from the database. This action is irreversible.
SAP Business One automatically backs up the database before any data is removed, so if needed, you can always restore the backup file, review the database, generate reports, and print documents. The database you restore is in read-only mode, so you can not change or add any data to it.
The data removed depends both on the database size and on the preparations done before the data archive wizard run started.
- Load a saved data archive wizard run – if and when needed, you can check whether a specific document was archived.
The data archive wizard may run for a long time (depending on the database size) and its results are irreversible. We strongly recommend that you read the how-to guide Data Archive Wizard before initiating the wizard. You can download this document from the documentation area of SAP Business One Customer Portal(http://service.sap.com/smb/sbocustomer/documentation).