Partners and customers often have the desire to band and theme the BI launch pad to make it better fit into their landscape. In this tutorial learn how to change the name and URL of BI launch pad. Also see Tutorial: Branding and Theming of BI launch pad for more infromation on how to change the logo and color scheme of BI launch pad.
Modify BI launch pad name and default settings
- Go to the following directory in your BI platform installation:
<INSTALLDIR>\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\warfiles\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\config\custom
Note: It is important to use this directory. Never modify the properties files directly in the tomcat work directory as they will be overridded during a patch or when re-deploying your web application.
- Create a new file using Notepad++ (or any other text-editing utility)
- Save the file under the following name: BIlaunchpad.properties
- To include change the name of BI launch pad and the BI launch pad URL include the following properties (You may choose any name)
# app.name is used in most locations in the application.
app.name=My BI launch pad
# app.name.short is used on the logon page.
app.name.short=My BI launch pad
# the name in the URL. It must start with a ‘/’, and it must contain exactly 1 ‘/’.
- Save and close the file.
Deploy customization files
In order for these changes to show in BI launch pad one has to run wdeploy.
- Stop Tomcat using the Central Configuration Manager
- Use wdeploy to redeploy the BOE.war file on Tomcat. wdeploy is available via the Start menu.
- Wait for wdeploy to finish
- Restart Tomcat (Note: You can now access BI launch pad via http://<hostname>:<port>/BOE/myBI)
In the same way that you customized the name of BI launch pad you can also customize other BI launch pad settings such as whether to show the authentication method on the BI launch pad, cms default machine name and so on. A list of customizable properties can be found in the Business Intelligence Platform Administrator Guide (section 188.8.131.52 BI launch pad properties; page 617)
Never modify the properties file in the
<INSTALLDIR>\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI4.0\warfiles\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\config\default directory as only changes in the custom directory will be maintained over patches.