Information structures in SAP
An information structure is a table of fields from operative applications like sales or purchases and forms the basis for analytics in Logistics information system. It consists of three main parameters – period unit, characteristics and key figures.
- A period unit gives is used to give reference of time like a week, month or year.
- Characteristics are used to specify the range of data viz. company code, plant, sales organization, sales office or material etc. for which data is compiled.
- Key figures are the data like sales volume, sales value etc. that is collected with reference to characteristics and period unit.
- Create Info Structure:
1. Go to IMG : Logistics General à LIS àLogistics Data Warehouse à Data basis àInformation Structures à Maintain self-defined information structures OR
Use T-Code – MC21, Enter number & description for your information structure, choose application 01, type as standard, enable planning and continue.
2. Choose characteristics from given field catalogs. Choose Sales Org, Distribution Channel, Division, Sold-to-party, Material and/or as required. Copy & Close.
Similarly, choose key figures like order quantity, confirmed quantity, gross weight, Net Weight, Volume, Billed Quantity, Open Orders Quantity etc. as required.
3. Save your information structure.
4. Go to MC24 to create updating for your information structure. Choose update group 1 (SIS: sales document, delivery, billing document) or as required.
5. Create update rules. Double-click on key figures and specify event, update type, source table source field. Choose table and date field for period determination or click on suggest rules. Copy.
Click on rules for characteristics to create update rules of characteristics for each key figure. Specify source tables and fields for each characteristic. Copy.
6. After creating rules for all your key figures, go to Environment in the menu bar and choose activate updating. Double-click your info structure to select parameters as shown below. Set period split as required and asynchronous updating. Save.
7. Use T-Code LBW0 to connect your info-structure to SAP BW. Input your info-structure, choose set-up LIS environment and execute.
-Next Choose generate data source and execute.
-For Delta updating in LIS choose generate updating and execute.
Set up statistical data for your info structure
Use T-Code –> SBIW to go to IMG and – go to Perform setup – sales & distribution and run activity Setup for Orders, deliveries, & billing.
9. Choose activity, enter the info structure (S898), give name of the run, date of termination, time of termination, No. of tolerated faulty documents.
10. Go to LBW0. Specify info structure and click ‘generate data source’.
— Go to Data Source in the menu bar and click on generate.
–Data Source 2LIS_01_S898 has been generated as shown below.
11. Display settings of your information structure in LBW0.
Settings of info structure will be summarized as below: