This Document explains how we can remove certificate warning appearing while opening Sybase Control Center (SCC) portal.
Tool: SUP 1.x, 2.x
When we install Sybase Unwired Platform (SUP) on a machine, SUP generates a certificate which is self signed one. This certificate is used for HTTPS communication with SCC. This certificate is not issued by any authority so this is always considered as insecure one.
You can ask internet explorer to trust this certificate by following below steps.
1. Open SCC URL. Click on highlighted area.
2. Click on circled area from below snapshot. This is nothing but certificate Errorr.
Click View Certificates.
3. A Window will pop up. Go to its “Details tab”
click on Subject Field. Copy its CN Value.
this value is one whom the certificate is issued. this would be the name of machine where you have installed SUP server(RuntimeEnv setup).
4. Go to “General Tab” of above snapshot. Click on “Install Certificate“
5. follow below steps to complete the installation process.
6. now you have installed the certificate. but this will work olny when SCC is accessed via domain that was in Subject Field(CN value).
7. But when we access the same SCC from different machine(different domain), then we need to update the link used to access SCC as well/
- Right Click > SCC icon> go to properties
- Check the Target label
it would be like: ” “%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”machineName:8283/scc
Replace Machine name with CN field value.
8. when you open SCC again, Warning should not appear.
I hope you would like it.
Your comments are most welcome.