Top Ten Analytics Replays From SAPPHIRE NOW
Here’s my attempt to list some of the key analytics replays available from SAPPHIRE NOW – but there are many, many more available, so please take a look at the full list.
1. Every conference keynote had some key analytics information:
- Bill McDermott’s panel session with the NBA, San Francisco 49ers and Under Armor about how they use analytics to improve performance and get closer to fans.
- Jim Snabe talking with Ron Dennis of McLaren about their use of in-memory technology to store the 13Bn bits of data generated every race. Fred Samson did a great demo of the latest dashboard and predictive technology in action.
- Hasso Plattner and Vishal Sikka taking on HANA myths, off real-time retail analysis against massive amounts of data, talking about SAP Lumira and more.
2. Transform Business with Database and Technology Solutions. The inimitable SAP Executive Steve Lucas explains that “SAP HANA is not a database. It’s a platform to transform your business”. Today, enterprise systems involve having to move the data all over the place: from transactions to the data warehouse, to analytics solution and predictive solutions. This is what causes situations like queries that last hours, or the days it takes to close the company books. It’s an “enterprise cut and paste” experience that is expensive and wasteful. According to Lucas, the point of SAP HANA is to “take these technologies, and it combines it into one – you don’t need four separate systems, just one, without moving the data, no enterprise cutting and pasting”.
3. Capture New Business Opportunities with Real-Time Technology. SAP customer Pirelli explains how they use analytics with Cyber Fleet, where embedded sensors in tires continually beam information about tire pressure and temperature. Fleet managers can use this to optimize the running cost of their vehicles and plan preventative maintenance. Pirelli plans to federate all the data from all the different vehicles using SAP HANA in order to offer benchmarking and other services. You can see a copy of the slides here.
4. Achieve Business Tranformation With Best-Practice Analytics. SAP analytics customers Molson Coors and Citigroup share their real-world experiences.
5. Hear How the NBA Offers a Better Gaming Experience with SAP HANA. Ken DeGennaro, VP of NBA IT, explains why SAP HANA beat other approaches from both traditional and NoSQL vendors to be the best choice for the NBA stats site – including support for high concurrency and the ability to update the data with new statistics quickly and easily.
6. Discover and Target The Right Audience. Hear how HSE24, one of Europe’s largest home shopping networks, uses the power of analytics to optimize cross-sell opportunities while customers are still on the phone.
7. Power Up Your Planning and Budgeting Processes with In-Memory Computing. Hear how Colgate Palmolive is using SAP Business Planning and Consolidation, version for SAP NetWeaver, now powered by SAP HANA, to create dramatic improvements in planning and budgeting.
8. Drive Business Value Using the Latest Business Intelligence Solutions. SAP VP of Business Intelligence Marketing Jason Rose hosted a customer panel with Maidenform, eBay, and LSI, talking about how they are are capitalizing on innovations in BI to quickly build and launch solutions and increase user adoption.
9. Accelerate Finance Transformation with Technology Innovations. SAP Head of Marketing for Enterprise Performance Management David Williams hosted a panel session with HG Heinz, City of Nanaimo, and Goldcorp talking about how they are using technology to transform the role of their finance organizations.
10. Improve Internal Controls with Governance, Risk, and Compliance Solutions. Learn how Southern California Edison’s experiences with SAP solutions for GRC, including using SAP Access Control, SAP Process Control, and SAP Risk Management applications, to improve its internal controls environment.