Creating a Hierarchy in BW based on multiple characteristics
In order to show data in hierarchial form in the reports, we can create a hierarchy combining various characteristics. For this we need to add external characteristics to a base characteristic.
For eg. Data needs to be shown in hierarchial format for an organizational level where we have different departments & units. In this case we will keep Org. level as the base charactarisitc and add dept & unit as external characterisitcs to the base char.
1) Add Dept & Unit as external characteristics to Org. Level Info object.
2) After adding, goto Maintain Hierarchies and create a hierarchy.
3) Create different levels with dept, unit & org level nodes. The org level will be the lowest level node.
4) Create a cube and load dummy data.
5) After that create a query and drag the hierarchy Org level in rows and key figure in columns.
Execute the query and you can see the data in hierarchial format.