Tool/Report to restart a process chain
Sometimes a process chain fails at particular step due to some kind of error.
- Data is loaded by using process chain
- Data is loaded successfully in several DSOs / InfoCubes, but the process chain failed on one step
- We maually correct the upload and do not use Repair function of the process chain
- The process chain should be restarted from “One Step Ahead” where it was failed as the manual corrections are done and loaded data.
- Getting instance Information of the process chain step that was errornous
- Right-click the faulty step and select the “Displaying Messages” option
- Copy the Variantand Instance from screen
- Use Transaction SE11 or SE16 and select the table – RSPCPROCESSLOG
- Put the value for variant and instance into corresponding fields
- Open a new Modus with /OSE38 and start the programm RSPC_PROCESS_FINISH
- Enter the values in the fields received from above table and make the STATE field as „G‟
- Execute the programm
Put all the steps into a Report
The mention steps are not complicated but quite annyoing. That’s why I decided to put them into a Report where you have to enter “Variant” and “Instance” only once!
DATA: lv_variant TYPE rspcprocesslog–variante,
lv_instance TYPE rspcprocesslog–instance,
wa_rspcpro TYPE rspcprocesslog.
PARAMETERS: p_vari LIKE lv_variant OBLIGATORY,
p_inst LIKE lv_instance OBLIGATORY.
SELECT SINGLE * FROM rspcprocesslog
WHERE variante = p_vari AND instance = p_inst.
IF wa_rspcpro IS NOT INITIAL.
CALL FUNCTION ‘RSPC_PROCESS_FINISH’
i_logid = wa_rspcpro–log_id
* I_CHAIN =
i_type = wa_rspcpro–type
i_variant = wa_rspcpro–variante
i_instance = wa_rspcpro–instance
i_state = ‘G’
* I_EVENTNO =
* I_HOLD =
* I_JOB_COUNT =
i_batchdate = wa_rspcpro–batchdate
i_batchtime = wa_rspcpro–batchtime
* I_DUMP_AT_ERROR =
IF sy–subrc = 0.
WRITE: / ‘……..‘.
RSPCPROCESSLOG – Logs for the Chain Runs
|VARIANTE||Process Variant (Name)|
|INSTANCE||Process Instance (Value)|
|LOG_ID||Log-ID of a Process Chain Run|
|BATCHDATE||Release Date for Background Scheduling|
|BATCHTIME||Release time of scheduled background job|