Introduction to MobiLink Synchronization
- This MobiLink Synchronization is a component of SQL Anywhere. MobiLink system is a synchronization based system which allows two ways synchronizations. This happens between CDB (Consolodated database) and many remote databases.(client/device local database).
- this is a tool that provides details about sync performance. After connecting to MobiLink server, MobiLink Monitor starts to gather information about all sync that occur in a particular session.
- we can view data in graphical or tabular form in the MobiLink Monitor Interface.
- Open Command prompt.
- go to c:\sybase\unwiredPlatform\Servers\SQLAnywhere12\BIN64
- Run mluser -c “DSN=default-cdb;uid=dba;pwd=sql” -u testuser -p password
4. Run cd..
5. cd BIN32
provide required information. select Protocol as HTTP and port as 2480 Click on OK.
whenever there is any sync request from remote database (device), you will see few flowing lines of different color segments. Double click in between.
a new window will pop up.
- Sync: this is an identity for each sync request assigned by MobiLink server.
- Remote ID: identity of device database. (remote DB)
- User: name of user who has requested for the sync (e.g. user@Domain)
- Version: domain_packagename
- Start time: this is the duration (date and time) when MobiLink server started Sync.
- End time: time taken to complete that sync
- Active: sync status
- Download ack:type of download ack (could be none, blocking or non-blocking)
Synchronization Phase Statistics:
- Synchronization Request: total time (in sec) for MobiLink to receive the data from device.
- Receive Upload: this is the time between creating n/w connection (between device and mobiLink server), upto receiving the first bytes of the upload stream.
- Get DB Worker: time taken for acquiring a free database worker for that particualr sync request.
- Connect: time taken by a DB worker to make a database connection.
- Authenticate User: time (sec) taken by MobiLink to validate sync request, authenticate user and its password.
- Begin Synchronization: time in sec to run begin_sync script
- Apply Upload: time taken to apply the upload to CDB. this is time between begin_upload script and end_upload script.
- Prepare for download: time in sec to run prepare_for_download script
- Fetch Download: time taken to download the data. time between begin_download script and end_download script
- End Synchronization: time taken to run end_synchronization script.
Disconnecting From MobiLink Server:
if you want to disconnect from MobiLink Server, you just need to run below commnand.
mluser -c “DSN=default-cdb;uid=dba;pwd=sql” -d -u testuser -p password
I hope this blog will help you to understand different terms related to MobiLink Monitoing.
Your comments/suggestions are most welcome.
Another good one.
Hi jitendra kumar kansal
Actually i worked on Core-ABAP now after gone through your post i'm very interesting to learn something about new technologies. I'm totally new for this so can you please advise me or share the document on related to mobi apps.
Thanks & Regards,
i suggest you to follow http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/mobility-platform
Could you please suggestr how to work on SQL Monitor in SMP 2.3.3 version?
SQL Anywhere is not installed seperately and we are unable to start that.
If you have not installed it separately then it has got installed along with SMP 2.3
Are you not able to find this path c:\sybase\unwiredPlatform\Servers\SQLAnywhere12\BIN64 ?
Thanks you forthe reply. I could locate the path but not the "mlmon" application.
What shall we use to monitor the SQL Anywhere 16.0 database?
We are trying to replicate 16 x Sybase Anywhere (9.2) Databases to one IQ (16) Database ..
Is it possible ? Attempt were shut down by the development team because of the the (Version) matters .."Don't even wanted to try "
We are unable to Upgrade these DataBases as they are legacy to be replace .. Soon
HANA Remote Source Only support IQ / ASE from 15.4 ..
could clarify me which is the task where sup send to sap the operatio, or instance create sales order.
i understand that the task is Fetch Download, is it correct? and also fetch download is when sup process query to get data to send ipad?
Do you know does SAP have any RoadMap where they are showing for example the RoadMap for MobiLink, and the comparison of the RoadMap for SAP Mobile Platform compared to MobiLink ?
We are looking at the two and I want to make sure the one we choose is in harmony with SAP's plans.
Thanks and best regards,
There is no roadmap as such for MobiLink . For SMP roadmap, you may have already checked out future plan https://www.sap.com/products/roadmaps.html?sort=title_asc#pdf-asset=82cb5e0d-e77c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa&page=23
On other side, I would also suggest you to check https://blogs.sap.com/2018/01/31/the-future-of-sap-mobile-platform/ if not done already.
thanks, that's the point the RoadMap for SMP is clear, but what about MobiLink, have SAP published the RoadMap for Mobilink anywhere ?
If we consider to implement Mobilink how can be sure it won't be retired next year ?
I totally understand what you ask for. I have reached out to another colleague for your query, will update you once i hear back.
Hi Andy Silvey ,
I have a few data points: I hope they help.
thank you that's helpful to me and I am sure others.
That has answered most of the question, the other part is the classic crystal ball question, for how many years are SAP planning to commit to using Mobilink in the SMP, and if we implement it will we be in a situation this time next year where SAP announce a new technology direction for SMP.