Error log of ML81N
You would like to have availability control check in transaction MIGO and ML81N. It is not possible in standard system. Therefore, you have applied BADI IM_BEHAVIOUR according to SAP note 696362 and the error message is now triggered in error log of ML81N (as result of budget exceeded). However the system is only generating the error message that BUDGET EXCEEDED, it does not display amount exceeded.
· All SAP R/3 releases
· All SAP ERP/SAP ECC releases
Reproducing the Issue
1. Execute the transaction ML81N, enter relevant input parameters (eg. service number, account assignment category, date and etc.)
2. Click on ‘Save’
3. On the pop subscreen (Acceptance Posting) -> choose ‘Error Log’.
4. Message is displayed (eg. RC=3 Item 001 WBS element XXX budget exceeded).
The error log of transaction ML81N only issues the short text of messages (due budget exceeded). The amount by which the budget was exceeded, cannot be recognized since this amount can only be found in the long text of messages BP603/BP604.
You would need to apply modification in function module BP_GIVE_MESSAGE (see the attached coding) to get error log will issue a message that contains both:
– the WBS element whose budget is exceeded and
– the amount by which the budget is exceeded.
BADI IM_BEHAVIOUR, SAP note 696362, transaction ML81N, program SAPLMLSR, entry sheet, error of acceptance posting, error log, amount, budget exceed, BP603, BP604, Function module BP_GIVE_MESSAGE, short text