How to Connect to SAP BI Platform from IPAD/IPhone
How to Connect to SAP BI Platform from IPAD/IPhone
SAP BusinessObjects Mobile and SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.0 SP6. For more information, visit the SAP BusinessObjects Mobilehomepage.
This article describes how to configure and connect via SAP Business Objects Mobile app in IPAD/IPhone to SAP BI Platform. The content in this is intended for beginners in mobile BI space and users for those who would wish connecting to the BI Platform via mobile app without any issues, when all the server and VPN information is with them.
Author: Mallikarjuna Chary Narayandas
Company: Gyansys Inc.
Created on: May 25, 2013
The author has worked on several SAP BusinessObjects projects and has experience on using all the SAPBusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform tools. Author has experience on working with SAPBusinessObjects mobile including designing and accessing BusinessObjects content (Webi Reports, Crystal Reports, Dashboards, Analysis and Information Spaces) through IPAD / IPhone / Android.
This article describes how to configure and connect via SAP Business Objects Mobile to SAP BI Platform. This takes users through details steps to follow right from downloading and installing mobile app to configuring and connecting to VPN and Configuring and connection to BI Platform.Configuration steps provided below may vary slightly depending on the device used. This is intended for beginners in mobile BI space and users for those who would wish connecting to the BI Platform via mobile app without any issues, when they have all the server and VPN information.
Step by Step process to configure and use SAP Business Objects Mobile on IPAD/IPhone
1. Open your IPAD/IPhone and check if you are connected to network or WIFI and check if you are able to open any website(Google etc.) through safari.
2. Go to app store on IPAD/IPhone and search for “SAP BI” app. Please go through below URL for details of the app.
3. Download and Install SAP BI app (latest version 4.4.28) in your IPAD/IPhone
4. Collect VPN details from Network administrator or any other appropriate person in your organization and Configure VPN using the below steps.This step applies to those users who normally connect to their SAP BI Launch pad after connecting to VPN, so those who connect to BusinessObjects server directly without VPN can go to step 5.
- Tap “Settings” app on the main menu of your IPAD/IPhone.
- Tap “General”, and then “VPN”
- Tap “Add VPN configuration”. This will display a form where you can enter the following configuration details:
- Tap “IPSec” and enter the VPN server details as below
- Description: GyansysYY
- Server: “50.194.xx.yyy”
- Account: GyansysYY.
- Password: “ask every time”
- Certificate: “Off”
- Enter your Group authentication name and secret (password).
- Group authentication name: GyansysYY
- Secret : Gyansysabcefg123
- Proxy: “Off”
- Now Tap “Save”.
5. Tap the button “VPN” to Connect to VPN and provide username and password. Verify if the word/symbol “VPN” is showing on top left of your IPAD/IPhone screen, which confirms your VPN connection is successful and active.6. Open the SAP BI mobile app on your IPAD/IPhone.7. On the Home page of the app, Click on Connect button>Go to Add a connection option and choose create manually8. Enter your BusinessObjects server details as below to configure connection to your BI platform.
- Connection Name: BIMobile
- Server URL: 192.xxx.1.yy:8080
- CMS Name: 192.xxx.1.yy:6400
- User name: mnarayandas
- Password: xxxx
- Save Password : On
9. Click on Done to save the connection.10. On the Home page of the app, click on connect button again and choose “BIMobile” to attempt connection, once this connection is successful it shows connection icon in green along with listing SAP User ID.
- Check if your SAP Business Objects mobile app is installed successfully and there are no issues in launching it
- Check If your IPAD/IPhone is connected to network or WIFI (enter google.com through safari)
- Check if your VPN connection is successful and active (Check if “VPN” is showing up on top left of IPAD/IPhone screen) – Applicable only to users who connect to BI Platform via VPN.
- Check if you are able to access tomcat homepage from safari (URL: http://<servername/IP>:port(8080) Ex: http://gyansysAB:8080)
- Check if your BusinessObjects sever details entered in the connection are accurate.
For more information, visit SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform
Disclaimer and Liability Notice
This document may discuss sample coding or other information that does not include SAP official interfaces and therefore is not supported by SAP. Changes made based on this information are not supported and can be overwritten during an upgrade.
SAP will not be held liable for any damages caused by using or misusing the information, code or methods suggested in this document and anyone using these methods does so at his/her own risk.
SAP offers no guarantees and assumes no responsibility or liability of any type with respect to the content of this technical article or code sample, including any liability resulting from incompatibility between the content within this document and the materials and services offered by SAP. You agree that you will not hold, or seek to hold, SAP responsible or liable with respect to the content of this document