3 SAP Mobile App Partner Challenge Participants Share Their Apps at Sapphire Orlando 2013
A few weeks ago I posted a blog titled Why You Should Care About SAP’s Mobile Apps Partner Program that sparked some good conversation and lead me to follow up with the Platform EcoSystems and eChannels team. The team in turn put me in touch with SAP Partners including the 3 finalists of the 2013 Mobile Apps Partner Challenge. The App Challenge is a mobile app competition that gives SAP Partners the chance to win real money, exposure, and market access for their apps.
Participants submit apps that fall into one of the following categories (one app per category per participant, so you can submit up to three apps):
- Retail – These apps can be customer facing apps such as loyalty programs, shopping aides or product finders, mobile wallets, apps that take advantage of NFC technologies, apps that take advantage of any phone based features – the possibilities are endless. Or, they can be retail business process apps, such as mobile point of sale, inventory, training, real-time business analytics, information delivery, supply chain management, inventory, and many many more.
- Wholesale distribution – These could be sales apps, fulfillment, delivery, customer ordering, inventory management, warehouse management, analytics and many more.
- Transport and logistics – These could be fleet management, order management and, delivery routing, tracking and tracing, asset management, incident reporting, maintenance, activity logging, industry specific apps, and much more.
The apps will be reviewed by a panel of SAP technologists and partner experts, and winners will be selected by customers. What is up for grabs for the partners? Awards include:
- Overall winner gets 10,000 euro
- Finalists win 3,000 euro each
- All apps entered into the challenge will be posted in the SAP app store, which provides them exposure to a market of over 230,000 business customers.
I was lucky enough to speak with 3 SAP Mobile App Partner Challenge participants at Sapphire Orlando 2013.
First, I sat down with Raj Peddisetty, President of Squeeze Mobility to talk about how his ‘Happy Customer’ app is helping joint SAP customers differentiate their business – no matter their size – by proactively understanding their customer’s product and service needs. His group is currently working on a Wholesale distribution app and plan to develop more solutions for other industries including Healthcare. Click on the video below to watch the interview.
Next I spoke with Stefan Hilger, Founder of GiCom, about how his group is helping retailers transform their business with unified and simplified processes to create a personalized experience across channels, business models and customers. In this interview we discuss how the Contract2Go app is helping retailers to improve efficiency and gain a single view of the consumer. The app is live and you can learn more about GiCom and their retail solutions by viewing the video below.
Last, I interviewed Steven Crooke, Partner at ExpertIG. This was a particularly special and fun interview because Steven and his team won a 2013 SAP Pinnacle Award for their aligned GTM model with SAP via SAP Mobile Store. ExpertIG is helping joint SAP customers differentiate their business with a wholesale distribution app. They have been working in enterprise mobility for about 5 years and created the MyOrders app that has caught the attention of SAP and SAP customers. To learn more about ExpertIG, the award and the mobile app, watch my recording with Steven.
I was thoroughly impressed by all 3 Mobile App Partner Challenge apps and was happy to hear that each were developed using the SAP Mobile Platform! To learn more about this the Mobile App Challenge, check out this video, or go to the partner program website for details.