Optional Prompt in BusinessObjects 4.0
The feature of creating an optional prompt is now achievable using the version of Bo 4.0, which was not possible to develop using BO 3.x. below is the steps to achieve the Predefined Optional prompt in BusinessObjects 4.0 using IDT.
There are two ways of achieving the Optional Prompt. Here is the simplest way.
- On the business layer, click on the ‘+’ sign, which provides an popup menu, where we can create ‘Filter” as shown below
- On the Filter creation screen, choose the Filter type as “business”
- Upon changing to Business filter type, the screen layout will change. Click on the ‘Edit Filter’ button which is located on the bottom left corner.
- On the “Edit Business filter” screen, drag and drop desired Object for the Filter. Once dragged, click on right side of the Operand, which will show the following selections.
- Choose prompt, now you will see a popup window, where we configure the Prompt properties.
- Choose Optional Prompt and say “OKAY”.
— Follow me for the next blog on the “Native Optional Filter”