This document is prepared based on version or add-on: DMIS 2010_1_700 SP06.
The sources supported for SLT replication are SAP and non-SAP.
The main differences between the source SAP and non-SAP:
- A Database connection is required to connect from non-SAP source to SLT while Remote Function Call (RFC) connection is required between SAP source and SLT.
- T-code used for database connection is DBACOCKPIT while for RFC SM59 is used.
- Tables can be just initially loaded but cannot automatically be replicated (like addition of new tables/columns after the initial load) and table must have the primary key or Index with elementary data types only for non-SAP and requires manual process to do replication while for SAP source replication happens automatically (through Replicate button).
- One to many replication is not possible for non-SAP but up to 4 is possible for SAP source.
- Read modules are located in the SAP LT Replication Server for non-SAP but for SAP source they reside within source system.
- User role for non-SAP vary depending on non-SAP source while SAP_IUUC_REPL_REMOTE is used for SAP source.
- Secondary database connection is required for connecting from SLT to target HANA system for both SAP and non-SAP sources.
- DD02L and DD02T contains the metadata information for both SAP and non-SAP sources.
- Source system tracks database changes by using database triggers. It records information about changes in the logging tables. Read modules transfer the data from the source system to the SAP LT Replication Server. The relevant data is read from the application tables.
For non-SAP, the supported databases are:
- Sybase ASE
To perform the replication and initially load on non-SAP source, a specific table from a given schema, the database user must have privileges for the following actions:
• Selecting from the table
• Creating a table in the given schema (for creating the logging table)
• Selecting from the logging table
• Deleting the logging table
• Creating database triggers for the table
• Deleting the triggers
• Creating synonyms for the specific table
• Deleting the synonyms
Depending on the specific external database system, the process of granting privileges to a user can vary.
After the initial load process, in order to reflect any changes in the non-SAP source system to HANA system then we need to create a local report with name Z_CREATE_DD_TABLES in the SLT system. After executing the report, DD02L, DD02T will be updated accordingly. For more details please refer to SAP note 1751323 for source code.