SAP TechEd DemoJam 2013
- Submissions for TechEd DemoJam 2013 are now closed. Thanks to all who submitted!
- Watch the replay for TechEd DemoJam 2013 in Las Vegas (starts about 23 minutes into the video). Or if you do not have the time head over to Derek Klobucher‘s blog or his 3-minute video summary.
- Finalists for SAP TechEd DemoJam in Amsterdam announced!
TechEd 2013 DemoJam submissions are now open! Starting today and up until Friday, September 13th, you can submit your demo for one of the three DemoJam events to be held during TechEd in Las Vegas, Amsterdam and Bangalore. Selected demos will present on stage at TechEd in front of a crowd of fellow geeks and compete for the coveted title of TechEd DemoJam Winner – and win surprise gifts that will let them explore new technical horizons.
What is TechEd DemoJam? DemoJam is a demo competition showcasing the creativity, passion and skills of all software developers. The rules are simple: max 6 minutes, max 2 presenters, no slides, no sales presentations, only running code presented live and at least one SAP technology in the mix. See the full participation rules and submission conditions for more details.
Who can participate? Absolutely anyone. SAP customers, SAP partners, SAP employees, and even individuals or organizations not linked to SAP in any formal way. As long as you created a beautiful piece of software based on SAP software, for example by availing of the free developer licences for SAP software offered on developers.sap.com, you can submit a demo proposal to TechEd DemoJam. SAP employees must submit and present together with an external party.
How can I maximize my chances of being selected? The links further below will take you to tips from previous DemoJam winners and demo coaches on how to score high on every aspect of your demo: how do I structure my demo script? What are the dos and donts for DemoJam demos? How do I record the submission video? What are the most common mistakes made by DemoJam entrants? What are the secrets of serial DemoJam winners?
In addition, we are very proud to introduce the TechEd DemoJam Demo Clinic. Past DemoJam winners volunteered their time to provide coaching to teams preparing their submissions. They will provide extremely valuable feedback on both your software itself and the way you are presenting it. These coaching sessions are offered on a free, first-come first-serve basis and we will prioritize requests from teams who have never submitted to DemoJam before.
In the meantime, start brainstorming what demo you would like to submit. Inspiration is available from the video replays of TechEd 2012 DemoJam in Las Vegas, Madrid and Bangalore. If you have any question about TechEd DemoJam please post it in the comments below.
Looking forward to making TechEd 2013 DemoJam the best DemoJam ever!
Related articles and links:
- Submission site for TechEd DemoJam 2013
- 10 tips for a great DemoJam demo
- 10 tips for recording your DemoJam video
- Introducing the SAP TechEd DemoJam Demo Clinic
- Why you should consider submitting a demo to TechEd DemoJam 2013
- Ian Kimbell on SAP TechEd DemoJam
- Secrets of past DemoJam winners: start early and keep it simple!
- SAP TechEd DemoJam candidates are all slackers and I have the numbers to prove it
- replay for TechEd DemoJam 2013 in Las Vegas (starts about 23 minutes into the video) .
- Derek Klobucher‘s blog about DemoJam Las Vegas and his 3-minute video summary.